Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Different Types of Orgasms?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Different Types of Orgasms?
sweet_thing
Activist
Member # 52326

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sweet_thing     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is it true that women can have different types of orgasms, specifically orgasms caused by vaginal stimulation alone?

I am very aware of what my orgasms caused by clitoral stimulation feel like, and I'm also aware of what my orgasms caused by clitoral and vaginal stimulation combined feel like. But I noticed that recently (yesterday and this morning actually) that when I was having sex, I had really intense sensations within my vagina. I had never really felt that way before, and it felt amazing. I'm trying not to be graphic, but it eventually reached a point where the sensation was so intense that it felt like an orgasm, but it wasn't clitoral at all. It happened several times, a few times in succession too.

I've read that you can have orgasms from vaginal stimulation alone, but I assumed this to be a rare occurrence I suppose, and I'd never felt like it had happened to me before. I have been doing Kegel exercises regularly for the past few weeks, could this have increased my vaginal sensitivity?

(I also haven't seen my boyfriend in a month, and I was on my period the last week I saw him, so we didn't do much sexually that last week. So this was basically the first time we had sex in over a month, so maybe that was a factor as well...)

[ 08-28-2011, 06:16 PM: Message edited by: sweet_thing ]

Posts: 55 | From: USA | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BrightStar171
Peer Ambassador
Member # 64549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BrightStar171     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, from everything I've read, yes, a lot of women report having orgasms from vaginal stimulation alone. (We see those statistics so often--that most women can't orgasm without clitoral stimulation, and that's true--but remember, that means some women CAN orgasm without clitoral stimulation!)

Not to be too graphic back at you, but the sensations you describe from vaginal stimulation alone are sensations that I experience pretty regularly having vaginal intercourse--it feels different than clitoral orgasms do for me, but it still feels like an orgasm.

So, you know, I can say that it's true for me, that I have different types of orgasms, and I know other women have described similar experiences.

Posts: 100 | From: Virginia, USA | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sweet_thing
Activist
Member # 52326

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sweet_thing     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That makes sense. I guess I was just a bit surprised. While I enjoy vaginal intercourse, it's never felt mind-blowingly fantastic (without and clitoral stimulation), so I guess I just assumed that was the way it was always gonna be for me. I too have read about vaginal orgasms as well, I just wasn't sure if they were actually possible. I guess it just goes to show we shouldn't always settle for the way things are with sex, cause they're always subject to change...
Posts: 55 | From: USA | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
To clarify, an orgasm is an orgasm is an orgasm: there aren't different "types" of orgasm, but depending on the kind of stimulation happening (and a LOT of other factors), orgasms don't always feel exactly the same. This piece is a great rundown of why we don't classify orgasms into different types: http://www.scarleteen.com/article/advice/the_clitoris_the_vagina_and_orgasm_feelings_and_frameworks

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.