Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Messed Up Period after Sex?!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Messed Up Period after Sex?!
SelenaDaniels
Neophyte
Member # 74740

Icon 11 posted      Profile for SelenaDaniels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Please help!! [Frown] I has sex in February and my period was 2 weeks late. I had sex in March and April and it has only was about 3 or 4 days late. I had it in June, and my period still hasn't come. We used protection and it did not rip!!!!
Can sex mess up cycles?!

--------------------
S

Posts: 7 | From: Germany | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Captain Girl
Activist
Member # 60279

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Captain Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Generally, sex doesn't mess up cycles, although stress, sickness and travel certainly can, and sometimes cycles change for no real reason at all.

If you haven't had a period since June, and you've had sex in that time, it would be a good idea to take a pregnancy test. If you used condoms and they didn't break, your risk is very small, however, the first thing a doctor would check is whether you're pregnant.

Posts: 129 | From: Boston | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
By all means, for anyone sexually active in ways where pregnancy can occur, if you miss a period, you want to take a pregnancy test, so I'd say it's really important you do that ASAP if you haven't had a period in two months.

Can I also ask how you chart your cycles, though?

I ask that because it's very common for people to estimate when periods "should" arrive incorrectly, often figuring that if one came on, day, the 20th of July, the next should come on the 20th of August, then the 20th of September, even though that'd not be likely with a regular period for more than a month or two.

As well, have your periods usually been very regular until February? If so, any other life or health changes of late, like changes in your stress levels, differences in levels of activity or how much you eat, etc?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SelenaDaniels
Neophyte
Member # 74740

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SelenaDaniels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have 4 apps on my iPhone which I put in the dates and they do it for me. Since first having sex my period dates have been:
Jan 9th-13th
Feb- 21st to 26th Had sex on the 5th Feb
March - 22nd to 28th Had sex on 12th March
April - 23rd to 28th Had sex on 30th April
May -25th - 29th Had sex on 9th July
June- 26th - 27

I have had a Water infection 16th july - 24th of july. Where I had a bit of bleeding but wasnt enough to call a period. So it wasnt. And I had a big load of stress the 25-29th July.

--------------------
S

Posts: 7 | From: Germany | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SelenaDaniels
Neophyte
Member # 74740

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SelenaDaniels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As you can see my Periods were okay until I didn't have sex for 2 and a bit months....

--------------------
S

Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm seeing that it looks like you had some irregularity between Jan and Feb, then some regularity Feb - June, then might be having some now. It looks like your last period was nearly in July, so you're not actually two months late, more like what seems to be a week or so late.

So, could be fine, but again, since you have been having sex which can result in pregnancy and haven't seen a period, why not take a pregnancy test just to be sure?

--------------------
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SelenaDaniels
Neophyte
Member # 74740

Next time I go into town, I will buy one. Is there anything I can do to hurry up my period as I'm going camping this weekend? x

--------------------
S

Heather
Member # 3

Periods come when they come. You can't make them happen at a different schedule then they're going to unless you use a method like hormonal contraception to suppress them.

--------------------
About Me Get our book!

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.