Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » No big deal in kissing

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: No big deal in kissing
Nea21
Activist
Member # 58449

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Nea21     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My boyfriend and i are in long distance relationship since past two years.so we generally meet once every two months or so. Since last few months he has been telling me that he doesnt feel anything when we kiss or Smooch.we do have great physical relationship.but he feels that there is no passion in our kiss.but i dont feel anything like that.i feel that our kiss is really great and still has a passion.does that mean that i am a bad kisser??what should i do so that he can feel the passion in our kiss??
Posts: 107 | From: Mumbai | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Loving With Lust
Neophyte
Member # 72574

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Loving With Lust     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm... Have does he mean he is not getting aroused or that he needs something else? Ask him about it. Get his ideas on kissing and try to improve. There is not harm in discussing and your relationship will become better by discussing things that bother you or you feel good about.

--------------------
Δεν γίνεται ζωή χωρίς άνδρες. ~Χάρις Αλεξίου

Posts: 8 | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Saffron Raymie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 49582

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saffron Raymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It may be that kissing is just not for him. Not everyone finds it arousing or exciting. Does he seem like he doesn't enjoy kissing in general?

You can't be a bad kisser, if you're enjoying it, it is probably coming naturally to you. If you're enjoying kissing too, it will seem passionate, because it feels passionate to you. However, it may become something that is a no-go area if he doesn't want to do it; he may prefer other things like kissing your forehead for example. Or maybe he would prefer other things first, like you kissing his neck before kissing his lips? Communication is the key, and if he doesn't know how to explain it, perhaps you could ask it kissing is too quick or slow for him? However, remember that what you like in kissing is important too; maybe you could have times when the kisses are about you and times when the kisses are about him?

You can't really do anything to ensure he can 'feel' an emotion- like passion- through kissing. Believing that it feels like there is no passion is just how he sees it. Do you think it's a good idea to have a talk with him about what his expectations of kissing are and how he thinks it feels when it is passionate? Maybe ask him why he feels like there is no passion, and tell him that you do think it is passionate, because you feel passionate when you engage in kissing? You feel passionate about it, so your actions - the kisses - must show you feel that emotion, does that make sense?

[ 07-27-2011, 05:04 AM: Message edited by: RaeRay2112 ]

--------------------
'Obtain the virgin's consent before you marry her' - Prophet Mohammad (pbuh)

Posts: 1285 | From: England | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nea21
Activist
Member # 58449

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nea21     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ya he does get aroused by kissing on lips.i will try to talk to him and do different things first.. Thanks to both of you.
Posts: 107 | From: Mumbai | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.