Donate Now
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Birth Control Pills & Breast Lumps

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Birth Control Pills & Breast Lumps
LiiviinLaviidalocaaa
Activist
Member # 42288

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LiiviinLaviidalocaaa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello, I know you aren't really doctors but I was curious if you ever heard of these situations occuring, a breast lump appearing from birth control pills???

I got checked up by my dr && she felt a lump, she said its a hormonal lump that every women gets around her period, she asked me when I had it I said its coming (I am On my inactives) && I told her im on birth control she said there is nothing to worry about, But I heard bcp causes breast lumps && in other places I heard that they are used to get rid of breast lumps

Either way since it hurts it cannot be cancerous so its horomonal most def, I'm guessing I'm hoping I'm just really hoping its not from the bcp because I don't want to get off but my breast is hurting me right now && I know I know go to a dr && I alreayd made my app to see my gyno next week when my period is done because my pcp said it should be gone by then if its hormonal related to period, which is what I hope it is, point is what do you think it is? have u heard of it happening? can the pill really cause it, I am so worried... i can't have intercourse without the pill its like an extra comfort I have basically you know (we use condoms of course also)Thanks for ur time

Posts: 182 | From: USA | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Captain Girl
Activist
Member # 60279

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Captain Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In my opinion, pain that keeps you from carrying on with your everyday activities is not okay. A breast that's a little sore - whatever. A breast that makes you decide to forgo underwires for a day - okay. Breast pain that affects the way you walk, breathe, or move your arms - bad. If that last is what you've got, I'd say give your GYN a call and see if she can squeeze you in this week to take a look at the problem.

It's good that you're seeing your GYN next week, but if you and she determine that this is caused by the pill, *in my opinion*, it's not okay for this to happen every month.

The good news is that the pill you are on now is not your only birth control option. There are other pills. There's the patch and the ring, which are lower dose and more localized. There are IUDs, some of which don't have hormonal components at all.

Posts: 129 | From: Boston | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.