Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » General sex help please?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: General sex help please?
SilverDragon
Neophyte
Member # 70428

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SilverDragon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey all, any advice would be appreciated [Smile]

Ok, im a virgin and i've come to the conclusion I have a bit of a stubborn hymen. I've been trying to have sex for about 5 months now, but I always wimp out because it stings when I feel my boyfriend touch it. He can get a fair way in with a little bit of dicomofort for me, but once he reaches my hymen it stings and thats when I lose all relaxation and I freak out and tense up (Again, proably doesn't help!)

So I was wondering.. Is it best to just keep going slowly or to just bite the bullet and push? We have tried slowly, but it makes me feel very uncomfortable and sore. Is it best to just push through quickly? Or is that a bad idea? Should we use lube?

Im always soaking and turned on when we try, it's just when we come to actually getting through this part I freak. I feel ready and we've come so close before... I just need to get through this part xD

Thanks for reading and any help would be very appreciated [Smile]

Thank you.

Silver.

[ 07-03-2011, 01:19 PM: Message edited by: SilverDragon ]

Posts: 6 | From: UK | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kachina
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 42505

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kachina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Have you seen a doctor about this?

The hymen is actually not a "fair way in" (it's right at the opening) so I'm not so sure it's your hymen that is causing you problems. Lube can help. I wouldn't keep pushing if it hurts - it shouldn't hurt and pain is your body's way of saying something is wrong.

First Intercourse 101
About the Corona/Hymen

[ 07-03-2011, 03:10 PM: Message edited by: KatWA ]

--------------------
~Kat
Scarleteen Volunteer

Humans are allergic to change. They love to say, "We've always done it this way." I try to fight that. That's why I have a clock on my wall that runs counter-clockwise. - Grace Hopper

Posts: 876 | From: Seattle | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SilverDragon
Neophyte
Member # 70428

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SilverDragon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the reply. I did go and see a doctor a while back, and she told me it's because I was tensing up too much as I anticipate pain everytime we try.

But I think I know whats causing this now. It's the way im angling myself. We tried a different position the otehr night and it felt odd, but didn't hurt in the slightest. So yes... We think we've sorted it [Smile] He's going in and because im angled awkwardly thats why it's hurting me.

Posts: 6 | From: UK | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hurray! It's amazing sometimes how just a little change can make such a difference.

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
redfoxlaine
Neophyte
Member # 72567

Icon 1 posted      Profile for redfoxlaine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've has that issue in the past too, it actually dawned on me when I had a gyno tell me to ball my fists up and put them under my butt to make the exam less unpleasant. Applying the same thought to the bedroom, a little change in angle can be all the difference!
Posts: 8 | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.