Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » I have a hard knot. Cyst..? Or something else?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I have a hard knot. Cyst..? Or something else?
the sea
Neophyte
Member # 47919

Icon 9 posted      Profile for the sea     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So, I own small dogs, and they sleep in my bed. This might seem really unrelated to sexual health but bear with me please! Yesterday morning, one of them walked across my lower stomach, right about my crotch (to use a crude word) and it hurt. That was not normal to me.

I'm comfortable enough with my body, so a bit later I felt around to identify exactly where the pain was coming from. Upon closer inspection I noticed I have a weird... lump, I guess.

I know there are those cysts you can get on the glands near the very bottom of your vagina. (I forget what they are called.) But that's not where it is. It's on the inner side of my outer labia, towards the top. A hard knot, but under the skin, so nothing sticking out. The pain from it spreads upward several inches. (That's how I was able to feel itin that area..) Basically it's uncomfortable and it sucks.

I had on semi-tight underwear the night before with a seam that sort of ran across that area, as well as (again, semi) tight sweat pants. Could rubbing cause that, will it go away, and do I need to worry?

Posts: 8 | From: texas | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pumpkin_Pie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pumpkin_Pie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey the sea,

While it's most likely nothing serious, if this is bothering you you should definitely go and see your doctor. It could be a spot or a cyst but the only one who'll be able to put your mind at ease is a doctor.

Rebecca

Posts: 896 | From: Europe | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the sea
Neophyte
Member # 47919

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the sea     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay... thank you. Anything I can do to relieve it some until then? I'm not sure when I'll be able to go.
Posts: 8 | From: texas | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You can take something like Advil or another over the counter pain reliever. If it's a cyst of some kind, hot compresses can help too.

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OWL Dan
Activist
Member # 49077

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OWL Dan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree that it probably is not serious. Do you have a student health center that you could go to? Unless it starts changing like it is getting worse, time is on your side.

--------------------
Dan

Posts: 842 | From: Ohio | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.