Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » marstbachion

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: marstbachion
gleestar
Neophyte
Member # 56998

Icon 8 posted      Profile for gleestar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am going to be honest Ė Iím getting annoyed >=(
The thing that is annoying is the way people talk about marstbachion. Itís like it is a really bad thing and as far as I can work out itís not. People on this site are all cool about it but I find at school everybody treats it like it is some kind of disease that you should try and get rid of and Iím getting sick of it!
It also annoys me that itís apparently ok for men to marstbate but not girls?!? Iím a girl and I do but I would never say anything about it where as for guys it is completely ok? This is really really REALLY unfair. I swear now girls are MENT to be treated just as guys are but there is still separation with these kinds of things.
I just wondered if any one agrees or disagrees with me because it is like something I think about allot now and itís not something that I talk to my friends about....

Posts: 24 | From: uk | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You know, as much as it sucks -- and I know that it does -- a lot of people don't talk about sex and sexuality with much maturity, and that's always a particular issue among younger people who are still transitioning from childhood to adulthood and often just don't have the maturity yet to handle those discussions well. If they're folks who also didn't have parents or others talk about sexuality in a mature, healthy way growing up, that's all the more challenging.

So, yes, a lot of young people (and plenty of older ones) have a hard time talking about masturbation with maturity. As well, because culturally, female sexuality is still very unaccepted when it is not about or for men, those attitudes can also wind up in the mix.

The good news is that the way things are in junior high or high school around all of this are usually NOT how they will always be: people around you, at least some of them, anyway, will grow up more and be better able to talk about and treat masturbation and other sexual issues.

The bad news, of course, is that you can't time-travel. [Smile]

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me ē Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.