Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Angry Hymen

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Angry Hymen
elizabeth_k
Neophyte
Member # 55189

Icon 8 posted      Profile for elizabeth_k     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My boyfriend and I were messing around, and he asked me if he could feel around down there. I said that he could, and after a few days he asked if he could try to put his finger in my vagina (which I, nor anyone else has ever done)...I said yes and he attempted to put his pinky in.. and EVERY TIME his finger got to the opening I felt this sharp pinching- aching feeling that was overwhelming. He managed to get his pinky in a little more than an inch one time, but failed to do it again. I don't understand, I was plenty turned on and wet, and his nails are completely short. I REALLY want to be intimate with him and be fingered and eventually have sex, because I think he's the one...and I feel like my hymen is getting in the way! Almost to a point that I'm worried if I'll ever be able to have intercourse! What should I do?!
Posts: 8 | From: AZ | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skiesofgreen
Activist
Member # 46170

Icon 1 posted      Profile for skiesofgreen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My #1 advice here would be to step away from any sexual activity that is causing you pain. Forcing something that is painful is unlikely to help the situation, and creating a dynamic where you feel you need to achieve penetration is unlikely to help it happen. Also, there's always the possibility of accidentally causing damage. Pain is after all our bodies way of warning us to "caution, please step away." Moving to other activities that Do feel good for you would be a good first step.

Also on the topic of the hymen (or corona as its now called) I'd suggest checking out this article:

http://www.scarleteen.com/article/body/my_corona_the_anatomy_formerly_known_as_the_hymen_the_myths_that_surround_it

It should give you a low down of what it really entails and in what situations it may be the cause of pain. Despite stigma to the contrary it does not tend to be the main source of discomfort with penetration and, though there are situations (as explained in the article) where this might be the case, other factors like nervousness and insignificant lead up (for instance clitoral stimulation) among others can be much bigger factors.

On the topic of painful penetration you might also find this useful, as it discusses this issue and possible causes/methods to resolving it:

http://www.scarleteen.com/article/pink/from_ow_to_wow_demystifying_painful_intercourse

Posts: 245 | From: British Columbia, Canada | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.