Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Necessity for lubricant.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Necessity for lubricant.
Alas_babylon
Neophyte
Member # 49925

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Alas_babylon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was just wondering if lubricant was ALWAYS advised for intercourse of any kind. I suppose I'm asking these questions so I'll actually know when I have sex. I get extremely wet, so would it still be advised for me to use it?
Posts: 7 | From: U.S.A. | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
May Day
Activist
Member # 39174

Icon 1 posted      Profile for May Day     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In my experience, sometimes lube is required, and sometimes not. It depends on what you're doing, how you're feeling at the time, where you are in your menstral cycle, how quickly you try and progress thing, etc.

If we're talking about using lube during PIV sex, then if you're using condoms, lube's probably a good idea but not essential. It will help protect the condom from tearing, but that doesn't not using lube wiill guarantee it breaking of course.

for manual sex, often lube is a good idea since hands are so dry and sensitive genital skin prefer to be damp.

Posts: 172 | From: Australia | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's advised if anyone involved feels they are not lubricated enough for their comfort at any time, but also always advised when using condoms ("natural" lubricant often doesn't hold up too well with latex, especially over time).

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.