Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Is this just body acne or a sign of something worse?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Is this just body acne or a sign of something worse?
beach85
Neophyte
Member # 52496

Icon 1 posted      Profile for beach85     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In the last few months, I've noticed that I've periodically gotten a few (one at a time) spots that appear to just be really bad pimples, either right below my belly button or on the top of my thigh. Each of them came and went in about 7-10 days. I have one right now that seems bigger and more painful than the others, and it is right on my thigh (basically under where front jeans pockets).

About 8 months ago, I had a few encounters with a girl who did have geneital herpes - there was never any intercourse involved, primarily her giving me oral sex and some dry humping (still with underwear on). However there would have been little contact from me to her genital area.

I have had intercourse with 3 different girls, all 3 times with a condom. 1 person I knew well and am relatively positive that they are clean, the other 2 I did not know very well. The 3rd person was just a week ago, and this pimple (at least I'm hoping it's a pimple) has appeared since then. I'm hoping it's ok to post a picture to it, because even though it's an ugly-looking pimple, I want to make sure that it doesn't look like herpes or signs of anything else. I'm planning on getting tested ASAP but I would appreciate any advice on whether this does just look like body acne or if it could be a sign of something worse.

- Picture

[ 01-13-2011, 11:59 PM: Message edited by: beach85 ]

Posts: 1 | From: USA | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OWL Dan
Activist
Member # 49077

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OWL Dan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome,

It sounds to me that it most likely acne related. The area around your navel an area where your pants waist line is and the area under your front pockets are common places where pants rub. This rubbing can cause irritated and/or ingrown hairs. I would recommend that you see your Dr. if they continue to concern you, keep getting worse, or return to the same spots. I would still recommend that you get tested for STI’s for two reasons; mainly because anyone sexually active should and because you have had more than one partner.

--------------------
Dan

Posts: 842 | From: Ohio | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.