Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » can't get hard when i'm with my girlfriend.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: can't get hard when i'm with my girlfriend.
speakerhead12
Neophyte
Member # 52234

Icon 1 posted      Profile for speakerhead12     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just started becoming sexually active with my girlfriend i've been dating for about 4 months. It seems that when I am doing it, or even her giving me a handjob I can get hard, but when she is giving me a blowjob, I have trouble getting an erection. I don't know why, I find her extremely attractive and I don't think she is doing that bad of a job, it's just somewhat embarassing when most of the time we spend doing things I have my hands on my own penis. Any help?
Posts: 15 | From: montana | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So often with partnered sex, whose hands are on whose body is all over the place. Us touching ourselves while a partner also touches us isn't at all unusual.

Are you saying you seem to be least responsive and feel most uncomfortable when you're not touching yourself too, or just with oral sex, or...?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
speakerhead12
Neophyte
Member # 52234

Icon 1 posted      Profile for speakerhead12     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think mainly with oral. She usually can get me going with her hands, but once she tries oral, it just goes downhill and I think we both get embarassed.
Posts: 15 | From: montana | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Might it be that you two just aren't ready for that together yet? In other words, that you've moved too fast into that?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
heero222
Activist
Member # 27731

Icon 1 posted      Profile for heero222         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by speakerhead12:
I think mainly with oral. She usually can get me going with her hands, but once she tries oral, it just goes downhill and I think we both get embarassed.

The last part about embarassement is likely the cause. If her giving a BJ makes you embaressed and uncomftorable then it can be rather difficult to focus on the pleasure and if you can't focus on the pleasure then staying stiff is difficult. As for why you find it uncomftorable that's something only you know. Nothing wrong with it quickest solution would be to simply skip it and stick to activities within your comfort zone or if you're determined you can try variations and see if they have an effect. Examples: If you've had your eyes open before close them and focus on the sensations or vice-versa, find a focus point to concentrate on and fantasize about (abs, chest, rear, hair, feet, whatever you like), find something for your hands to do (ideally it should be something that pleases her). Basically the point is to find something to take your focus away from whatever thoughts are interferring though simply being honest with yourself and confronting whatever makes you uncomftorable is the best strategy.
Posts: 58 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shua
Neophyte
Member # 55289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shua     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I can definitely relate in this matter. For me at least it was simply a matter of nerves. Recieving oral sex was just sort of awkward most of the time and therefore was simply just uncomfortable and ultimately unfulfilling for both of us. It was simply something I wasn't ready for yet.

--------------------
Hakuna Matata

Posts: 3 | From: St. Louis | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.