Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Keeping pills in heat + changing time

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Keeping pills in heat + changing time
panique
Neophyte
Member # 44513

Icon 1 posted      Profile for panique     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've just got another couple of questions about the pill, sorry for the huge influx of threads on my part. I keep having new questions!

1 - I'm back home now, and my room tends to get really hot in the day, it's been 34 Celsius (93 Fahrenheit) waking up these last couple of days. Is it safe for me to keep the pills in this kind of heat? Is it going to make them any less effective or safe to take?

2 - I'm in the placebo week of my first pack of pills, and now that I'm back home, I want to start taking them at a more convenient time. I was taking them at 12pm, and I'd like to switch to sometime later at night. Should I just take my first active pill at the time I want to start taking them from now on?

Thanks! [Smile]

--------------------
"If I ever saw an amputee being hanged, I would just yell out letters."

Posts: 29 | From: Queensland, Australia | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No worries! Answering questions is what we do. [Smile]

For your first concern, you'll want to check the insert that came with your pills. It will tell you what temperature it needs to be stored at. For most medication, room temperate (at most 25 C) is the norm. Having it in a place that's warmer than that is okay for a bit, but you probably don't want to constantly expose it to high temperatures. Can you find a place that's a bit cooler than that?

And if you want to change the pill time, you'll want to just take it at the new time the next time you start a new pack.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
panique
Neophyte
Member # 44513

Icon 1 posted      Profile for panique     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I got my aircon fixed yesterday, so hopefully my room should be alright for a while. If I have to leave my room without the aircon on for a while, I guess I'll just take them with me. [Smile]

And thank you about answering the time question. Just for future reference, what if I wanted to change the time partway through a pack?

--------------------
"If I ever saw an amputee being hanged, I would just yell out letters."

Posts: 29 | From: Queensland, Australia | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.