Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Why am I always so...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Why am I always so...
evilazula
Neophyte
Member # 49345

Icon 11 posted      Profile for evilazula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HORNY??? 24/7? I'm 16, female and I don't know, I just can't get sexual thoughts out of my head and I'm really ..... not worried, but just. I don't know I suppose it's a part of puberty and whatever, but when does it go away (Okay, so it's hard to pinpoint it and dfferent for everyone)? I mean, being so intense? It kind of interferes with other things.
First post rawr

--------------------
I love life, because what more is there?

Posts: 6 | From: Australia | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to the boards!

I really can't say when these feelings "go away," mostly because for most people, they don't. The intensity can tend to get turned down a notch over time, though, probably less because of puberty (hormones from puberty play a lot smaller part in this than most people imagine), and more because you have the time to get used to those feelings, we learn to incorporate them in our lives, we are often able to express them more and ground them more, and other parts of our lives can get more high-key.

Are you masturbating? Like I said, expressing those feelings, enacting some of those desires, does tend to make a big difference.

But having sexual desires ultimately isn't about puberty so much as humanity. Most people have these feelings, and there's nothing at all unusual about them or about them being intense.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About MeGet our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 67055 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lucidkitty
Activist
Member # 49104

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lucidkitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's normal to feel like that, many of us do.
Posts: 84 | From: baltimore,maryland | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
evilazula
Neophyte
Member # 49345

Icon 1 posted      Profile for evilazula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thans for replying guys!

--------------------
I love life, because what more is there?

Posts: 6 | From: Australia | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.