Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » scared of stds after giving my boyfriend oral?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: scared of stds after giving my boyfriend oral?
himynamesaubrey
Neophyte
Member # 49317

Icon 11 posted      Profile for himynamesaubrey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
okay, so. last weekend i gave my boyfriend a blowjob for the fourth time (i did it twice before about 2 months ago, twice last weekend), and thought nothing of it.
we are both virgins, or rather were, as we do sexual things together now. but before we were together neither of us had done anything. he had girlfriends but all they ever did was kiss, absolutely nothing more (i won't go into detail but i know this is 100% true (we're only 15 which i know is young but we are completely faithful, have been together for 4 and a half months, in a long distance relationship and plan on being together for a very long time (i know it sounds/is naiive))). he was my first kiss. but ANYWAYS.

we were both 100% virgins before we started going out. we are each other's first sexual partners, though we haven't had actual penetrative sex yet.

i've given him handjobs, he's fingered me, he's given me oral sex, and back to the problem, i've given HIM oral sex. all unprotected.

i loved doing it, and had no problem with it. when i did it, he started to come a little bit, but managed to control himself (i was scared of him coming completely because it would have overflowed out of my mouth). it tasted really good and i swallowed it, and still didn't think it was a big deal.

until earlier this week when i noticed a bump on my labia, and i instantly got paranoid.
it's gone now, it was just an ingrown hair and didn't hurt unless i touched it pretty hard, but i got completely terrified and started looking up stds like you wouldn't believe.

i'm all scared i have an std or something, i don't show any signs and neither does he but now i'm paranoid and slightly hyprochondriatic.
i told him i don't want to do any more oral sex until i'm 100% comfortable with it, and he completely understands and doesn't want me to do anything i'm not comfortable with.

i kind of gave a huuuuuuuge backstory there and tossed around ideas and lost my train of thought often, sorry, but there's the backstory just in case it had any useful information.

tl;dr:
if both partners are 100% virgins, can they get an std from giving oral sex?

[ 10-11-2010, 01:42 AM: Message edited by: himynamesaubrey ]

Posts: 14 | From: Canada | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Natalie H
Activist
Member # 48229

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Natalie H     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, it is possible to contract STIs even if both of you are virgins.

I suggest both you and your partner go get a full STI screening. It's generally a good rule to get this done before having unprotected sex with a partner, including oral sex. Unprotected oral sex can definitely have a risk, although not as high as vaginal intercourse.

Do you have access to STI screenings, like at a free clinic? Do your parents know you're sexually active and could take you to a clinic? And if not, is there any other way you could get there?

--------------------
Bicycle? I prefer a homocycle.

Posts: 118 | From: Houston | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OWL Dan
Activist
Member # 49077

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OWL Dan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, Your chances of STD’s/STI’s are slim, if what you’ve said and were told is true. Although, as Natalie suggested, getting tested is a good idea to be safe and for peace of mind for both of you. Planned Parenthood is a good place to go. You could also ask at your school’s health clinic for referrals. I would also suggest that this is a good time to consider using some of the many forms of birth control available. While you’re asking about testing you could ask about BC too. It is best to consider BC before your sexual activities progress any further.

Birth Control Bingo!

--------------------
Dan

Posts: 842 | From: Ohio | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
himynamesaubrey
Neophyte
Member # 49317

Icon 1 posted      Profile for himynamesaubrey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Natalie H:
Yes, it is possible to contract STIs even if both of you are virgins.

I suggest both you and your partner go get a full STI screening. It's generally a good rule to get this done before having unprotected sex with a partner, including oral sex. Unprotected oral sex can definitely have a risk, although not as high as vaginal intercourse.

Do you have access to STI screenings, like at a free clinic? Do your parents know you're sexually active and could take you to a clinic? And if not, is there any other way you could get there?

oh, i know it's possible. sorry, i should have reworded: what are the chances of it? like, how likely is it that we'd have/get an std or sti?

i know he doesn't have access, but i could, potentially. when i got paranoid i told my mom that i wanted to get checked out just so i could have peace of mind.
but if he can't, well. kinda loses the point. but if i can, i will.

Posts: 14 | From: Canada | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OWL Dan
Activist
Member # 49077

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OWL Dan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If neither of you have had any sexual contact with anyone else then the risks of STI's are very slim. The one I can think of might be oral "cold sores" herpes; the major ones would have needed another exposure risk. Does he access to a Planned Parenthood?

--------------------
Dan

Posts: 842 | From: Ohio | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
himynamesaubrey
Neophyte
Member # 49317

Icon 1 posted      Profile for himynamesaubrey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by OWL Dan:
If neither of you have had any sexual contact with anyone else then the risks of STI's are very slim. The one I can think of might be oral "cold sores" herpes; the major ones would have needed another exposure risk. Does he access to a Planned Parenthood?

i've never had a cold sore in my entire life, i don't know about him (never asked) but i've never seen him with one and i've known him for about a year now.

so wait, are you basically saying that because neither of us have had any sexual contact with anyone else but ourselves and each other, the worst we could possibly get is herpes? if that sounded assumptuous or whatever, it wasn't supposed to. i'm just absolutely terrified of the bigger, more life-threatening stds. i'm paranoid about it.
should i be worried about what him and i have done? and if so, how much? i'm currently 100% paranoid (the treeman thing is the scariest thing in the entire universe and i'm convinced i have it (i'm a hypochondriac, i don't show any signs of any stds but i'm just super scared)).

aaand not that i know of, but i could ask.

[ 10-11-2010, 11:21 PM: Message edited by: himynamesaubrey ]

OWL Dan
Activist
Member # 49077

To Clarify, the ODDS are much lower. To get infected with a STI, you need to be exposed to someone who has one. One of the biggest issues and why they are so risky, someone could have a STI and not know it! I was just trying to think of some of the infections that are spread in other ways besides sexual activities; oral herpes and bacterial infections are a couple. If you were to look at many of the STI resources, they would say to lessen your chances you should limit your number of partners; this limits exposures to infected partners. Also, I’ll borrow a paragraph from Heather’s article “Safe, Sound & Sexy: A Safer Sex How-To” to back this up
“You probably also already know this, but if you and a partner have been each other's only partner for ANY kind of sex, and neither you nor your partner have ever been sexually assaulted, your risks of nearly all STIs are also very low. Oral HIV that STI would still be an issue. We still strongly encourage even folks in that situation to start with other safer sex practices -- barriers and testing -- for the first six months, however. Not only do we have to face the reality that not everyone is truthful about their sexual history -- and very frequently, people are not -- but it's just a smart practice to get the hang of. You may need aspects of that experience later with that partner to negotiate and work birth control, for instance, or may need to know how to do safer sex right if one or both of you don't stay exclusive or together.”
I have included the whole article’s link if you want to read it.

Safe, Sound & Sexy: A Safer Sex How-To

--------------------
Dan

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.