Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Important Q's

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Important Q's
LiiviinLaviidalocaaa
Activist
Member # 42288

Icon 4 posted      Profile for LiiviinLaviidalocaaa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello, I'm Finally Ready To Have Sex, Woo! Lol Anyway I Have A Couple Questions && Concerns I Was Hoping You Can Help Me Out With, This Is My 3rd Cycle On Birth Control && Throughout The Cycle I Haven't Always Took My Pill At 700 PM, Once An Hour Earlier Once An Hr && Change Later && Other Times Like 2-5 Min Earlier, However I Never Ever Missed Pill, Ever, Not Even Since I Started, I'm Still Protected As Much Right??? Also I Take MY Pill With The Folic Acid Pill That My Gyno Perscribed For Me To Take As Long As I Take The BC Pill && I Take Them At The Same Time, Like I Literally Swallow Them, My Question Is Do The Chemicals Mix In My Stomach Making The BC Not Work Because I'm Taking It With Another Pill Simetanously....

OK Now I'm A Virgin! && As You Know I'm in BC Pill We Are Planning To ALSO Use A Condom, He Will Withdraw Before Ejaculation && Pee Before Intercourse, Also I'm On My Last Active Pills So Means My Period Is Coming Meaning Ovulation Should Be Over, I'm Perfectly Protected Now Right? && If You Have Any Other Suggestions That I Can Use To Diminish Pregnancy Would Be Nice Also Lol, Hes Also A Virgin, && I Know This Because He Didnt Even Know How To Put It In Last Time We Tried Lol, Hes So Cute, He Wouldn't Get Fully Hard, Was Nervous, Meanwhile When We Are Doing Foreplay Hes Revved Up, Anywho I Really Appreciate Your Help On This, Thank You So Much

--------------------
~*~ Live Laugh Love ~*~

Posts: 182 | From: USA | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lucidkitty
Activist
Member # 49104

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lucidkitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No i think you have it covered on the safe side dear, that is ultra safe =) . And if your gyno prescribed the folic acid then it should be fine, he wouldn't give it to you with that advice if he thought it would comprise it. I am curious on why he needs to pee before intercourse though.

[ 09-28-2010, 06:46 PM: Message edited by: lucidkitty ]

Posts: 84 | From: baltimore,maryland | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LiiviinLaviidalocaaa
Activist
Member # 42288

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LiiviinLaviidalocaaa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
so if any sperm is left in urethra it can get washed out so jus incase condom breaks the precum wont have any sperm in it

--------------------
~*~ Live Laugh Love ~*~

Posts: 182 | From: USA | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LiiviinLaviidalocaaa
Activist
Member # 42288

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LiiviinLaviidalocaaa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
what about my pill taking habits am i safe, also u think im pretty much 100% safe now

--------------------
~*~ Live Laugh Love ~*~

lucidkitty
Activist
Member # 49104

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lucidkitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Did not know that about the urethra. I'm not sure taking about the pills as i am not an expert there, and just assumed that as long as you took them on the days you needed as around the same time they worked. Which is why i always got the shot lol. If you are worried why not put on the alarm on your mobile to get you informed of when take them? I think you are safe....perhaps too safe lol , but that's a good thing =).
Posts: 84 | From: baltimore,maryland | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You have a three hour window with taking the pill: as long as you take it within three hours of your pill time, you can consider yourself a perfect user.

And as long as you take the pill as directed, you are equally protected on all days of the cycle. The pill suppresses ovulation, so there are no days when you are more or less fertile than others. You always have the same level of protection, including during your placebo week.

And, no: folic acid does not interfere with the pill.

Final thought: there's actually no need to withdraw if you're using a condom. In fact, combining withdrawal and condoms can be a bad idea, as a condom might slip and spill if you're in a hurry to pull out. It's safe to ejaculate in a condom, that's what they're designed for.

[ 09-29-2010, 09:13 AM: Message edited by: September ]

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LiiviinLaviidalocaaa
Activist
Member # 42288

I Understand But Of Course He Wont Pull Out Moments Before Ejaculation A Bit Earlier Than That Holding Onto The Condom, But Your Saying There Is No Need For That? If I Have Been Using The Birth Control Pills Perfectly Within The Time Frame Its Basically A 100% Protection? Meaning Ill Just Be Fine With Pills && Condom? I'm Just Antsy About It Everyones Getting Pregnant Lol. A Friend Of Mine Said She Used The Condom && Was On The Pill && Got Pregnant && The Guy Was Supposdly Not Able To Have Kids MY Gyno Said Either She Slept W/ Another Guy W.O The Pill Or She Wasnt ON The Pill && He Was Able To Have Kids She Said Its Impossible To Get Pregnant Like That, I Was Sitting && Thinking Its Impossible To Get Preg On The Pill Because One Of The Functions Is For The Egg Not Being Able To Attach To The Uterus So Baby Can't Mature, But People Say They Still Get Pregnant On Birth Control, Is It Because They Miss Days Because I Really Find It Impossible If The Med Isnt Letting The Egg Stick && Thats Only One Thing The Pill Does, I Love My Pill Lol Its Amazing =D

--------------------
~*~ Live Laugh Love ~*~

September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The effectiveness rate of the pill, when taken correctly, is over 99%. No method offers absolute protection, but the pill comes pretty darn close.

The condom, when used correctly, is also 98% effective. When used together, you're at 99.97%, which is as close to perfect as it gets.

So, when people say they've become pregnant despite the pill, it's usually because they took the pill irregularly, or the effectiveness was compromised for other reasons (such as through the use of certain antibiotics).

And, lastly: if your partner withdraws long before ejaculation, you don't need to be concerned about the risk of the condom slipping off. But, again, there's no need to bother with that: the condom is designed to be ejaculated into. This article might help you feel more confident about condoms: Condom Basics: A User's Manual

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OWL Dan
Activist
Member # 49077

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OWL Dan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
One of the big things to keep in mind, about the first time, is to remember it is more than the physical act. It is a very emotional time too. It sounds like you have made all proper safe sex plans with the pill and condoms. I would suggest that you trust your precautions, read that article, try to relax, and enjoy the moment!

--------------------
Dan

Posts: 842 | From: Ohio | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lucidkitty
Activist
Member # 49104

Often times people will stretch the truth to simply avoid the issue of people harassing them for having unprotected sex, or not properly using their bc method. Or in the subconscious they want to believe they are not at fault. When i was in high school every girl i knew said the same thing....on bc or the rubber busted on bc. It seems lifestyle made a really faulty condom, and bc had a very high rate of failure. Anyway back to the point....you should be safe letting him cum in you with a condom on and with bc taken properly.

[ 10-01-2010, 09:40 AM: Message edited by: lucidkitty ]

LiiviinLaviidalocaaa
Activist
Member # 42288

is it really 3 hr time frame i heard it wasnt like that, its very nerve wrecking because ur supposed to take it at the same time everyday

--------------------
~*~ Live Laugh Love ~*~

LiiviinLaviidalocaaa
Activist
Member # 42288

ty all for ur answers im jus jumpy haha

--------------------
~*~ Live Laugh Love ~*~

OWL Dan
Activist
Member # 49077

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OWL Dan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Please try to Relax. I can relate to being a bit nervous about your first time. Understand that if you are this nervous, maybe you might want to step back and double check if you are truly ready or not. You might consider letting it simply happen when the moment simply happens. Pre-planning could put too much pressure on both of you to “perform”. From my own experience, being relaxed is more enjoyable.

--------------------
Dan

Posts: 842 | From: Ohio | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LiiviinLaviidalocaaa
Activist
Member # 42288

im not worried about sex lol im actually wanting it pretty bad im jus worried about becoming pregnant

--------------------
~*~ Live Laugh Love ~*~

OWL Dan
Activist
Member # 49077

If you are taking the pill regularly within the 3 hr window (99+% effective) and he uses the condom (98% effective) as he should; you shouldn’t have to worry about pregnancy! Using both correctly, you should be covered as close to 100% as you can get. Obviously, I can’t recommend relaxing enough and remembering it is the experience that makes it so special; this comes from my own experience.

--------------------
Dan

Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Too, LiiviinLaviidalocaaa?

If you are finding you just really don't feel okay about this for any reason -- like feeling so, so worried about pregnancy -- it's sound to pay attention to those feelings. Maybe now still is NOT the right time for you, particularly if it's going to wind up causing you more stress than enjoyment. Maybe you need some more time to feel more comfortable with any risks involved, maybe another talk with your sexual healthcare provider who can give you an in-person opinion about what we've said here, maybe even need to talk with your partner about what you'd both do about an unintended pregnancy.

In other words, if you're just feeling like you are so, so jumpy about this, it might not be the right time for you after all, and that's okay. It's always okay to wait until you feel better about all intercourse (or any other kind of sex) can entail.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About MeGet our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LiiviinLaviidalocaaa
Activist
Member # 42288

I Do Feel OK About It Ima Just Wait Till My New Cycle Starts Just In Case...I Mean I'm Pretty Sure Its 99% Because Of The 1% User Error For BC && 98% For Condoms Also User Error Or Expiration Or It Breaking...So I'm Not Worried Anymore, However I Do Have One More Ques, If The Condom DOES Break During Intercourse, Would Me Or Him Be Able To Tell During The Youu Know Process, So He Could Just Change It

--------------------
~*~ Live Laugh Love ~*~

Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When condoms break, it tends to be a lot like a balloon breaking, so it is usually obvious when one looks at the condom.

However, for as much as some folks whinge about how using condoms makes them "not feel anything," it's also pretty common for folks to not feel it when they break or slip off. So, what's sound to do is a) to be sure you and your partner both know how to use them properly and are, since breakage is very rare with proper use, and b) for you and your partner to just check the condom is still on every now and then, something he can easily do with his eyes by looking at the base of his penis.

Here's a link for you on proper condom use: Condom Basics: A User's Manual.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About MeGet our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LiiviinLaviidalocaaa
Activist
Member # 42288

thx alot

--------------------
~*~ Live Laugh Love ~*~

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.