Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Masturbation: I can't be the only one

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Masturbation: I can't be the only one
RoundRay
Neophyte
Member # 49102

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RoundRay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Certainly I would take advice, but gracious, I'd be happy just to hear if I'm not alone. I know a lot of people *love* masturbation, and it's really healthy both to know yourself and as an outlet for your sex drive. But it just doesn't work for me. And I've been masturbating since before I could remember, just only with pressure and not actually getting that far. Which was fine as a kid, I had no idea what it was. But I'm 21 and I've been trying for over a year to "broaden my horizons". But my biggest trouble just seems to be that I don't react to my own touch. It's frustrating. What gives? I went out and bought lube and gave myself an hour each day just to relax and explore. It's completely different with my girlfriend; I go crazy at the slightest touch from her. One time while she was touching my vulva I tried to play with my nipple and still, even when I was very aroused and relaxed, and right up against my girlfriend, I just didn't feel a thing. Does this happen?
Posts: 8 | From: California | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nessa13
Neophyte
Member # 48619

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nessa13     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It DEFINITELY is the same way for me. So no, you are not alone! I try to masturbate, without expecting anything (because everyone says that pressuring yourself to feel pleasure probably does the opposite), and I just don't feel.... anything. Anything except discomfort and sometimes slight pain (and which point I stop). But when my boyfriend touches me, it's the complete opposite.
Posts: 7 | From: USA | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Natalie H
Activist
Member # 48229

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Natalie H     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Some people just don't enjoy masturbating, or they only enjoy it a certain way.
For a long time I couldn't stand touching myself. It just didn't do anything for me AT ALL. But I did other stuff, other ways besides fingers to get to that point, like bath jets and pillows. Later on a got a vibrator, which is the primary way I do it now. Once I got the vibrator I found myself using my hands more and more so now I can use my fingers with ease. I don't know how the transition happened, but there you go.

--------------------
Bicycle? I prefer a homocycle.

Posts: 118 | From: Houston | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lucidkitty
Activist
Member # 49104

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lucidkitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I mean are you doing it right....i know this sounds silly but often i talk to friends who are still unsure on how to masturbate.
Posts: 84 | From: baltimore,maryland | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RoundRay
Neophyte
Member # 49102

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RoundRay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, this makes me happy! @lucidkitty That isn't the case, I've been reading and talking to people about this since I started high school. I just never found someone in the same boat as I am which just makes you really unsure about yourself! @Natalie It's reassuring to know that just because it's like this now doesn't mean it'll be like this forever. I've been considering options like that for when I (hopefully) move out this summer.
Posts: 8 | From: California | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lucidkitty
Activist
Member # 49104

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lucidkitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok then [Smile] , well some people just don't get much from masturbation is all. If you have tried a variety of methods....then chances are it's just not your cup of tea [Smile] . And i agree with natalie get a vibrator, the Hitachi magic wand is a great one [Smile] .
Posts: 84 | From: baltimore,maryland | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.