Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Oral Sex Question

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Oral Sex Question
Tashi
Activist
Member # 47955

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tashi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My boyfriend and I have been sexually active for several months now, and a few weeks ago was the first time I gave him oral sex. Mostly because it was both our first times giving/receiving, I ended up switching to manual sex because it got uncomfortable/awkward for me.

In any case, the reason I'm posting this is that I really want to be able to give my boyfriend oral sex, but I'm having trouble getting past the thought of him ejaculating in my mouth. I don't think I inherently would object to that, but it's just that, having never done this before, really, I don't know what it will taste like. I'm a little nervous about doing it again and being surprised by the taste, I guess.

I imagine that semen would have a slightly different taste from person to person due to different body chemistry and such, but does it have a general taste? I think I've heard before that it's salty, but there's not too much more to it?

Thanks.

Posts: 101 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Onionpie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 41699

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Onionpie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, Tashi. I'll start off by saying that you absolutely don't have to have his semen in your mouth if it's not something you're interested in. That's just one of many ways oral sex can be had. It's totally fine and normal to not want to have him ejaculate in your mouth, and plenty of people manage to incorporate oral sex into their sex lives without that [Smile]

In terms of its actual taste; it will vary from person to person, but not by much at all (I can say with pretty much complete certainty that you'll never find someone with pineapple flavoured semen, for example [Wink] ) and it does tend to be described as tasting salty if anything. Its taste tends not to be strong, so I wouldn't worry about it too much; some people are totally fine with the taste while others aren't so much, so it all just depends. But again, if you're not interested in having him ejaculate in your mouth, you don't have to.

[ 09-14-2010, 09:14 PM: Message edited by: Onionpie ]

Posts: 1311 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kath
Neophyte
Member # 48639

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kath     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The taste is difficult to describe, it's not really the same as any food I've eaten, but it's not really a bad taste. In my experience it's not salty, but it does feel a little grainy - kind of like pesto.

If you don't want to have him ejaculate in your mouth, you don't have to. There is nothing wrong with switching at the last couple of moments. Swallowing is a personal preference, some people like it and others don't.

Posts: 20 | From: Australia | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tashi
Activist
Member # 47955

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tashi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks everyone! I know that if I didn't want him to ejaculate in my mouth, it wouldn't be a problem switching. I don't anticipate that being too much of a issue. Mostly it was just anxiety over an unknown experience. But thanks for the info!
Posts: 101 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Another option would be to simply use a condom during oral sex. There are many types of flavored and scented condoms available, if you happen to dislike the regular ones. We always encourage barrier methods for all sexual activity with any new partner for at least 6 months and testing anyway.

--------------------
Sarah Liz

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.