Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Hymens can pop. Mine did

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hymens can pop. Mine did
yestheydo
Neophyte
Member # 48309

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yestheydo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm actually writing a short-story about the time that my hymen popped.
I was not having sex-it was during an athletic event. (don't worry, what I was doing, and the way that I did it is very very unusual).
Anyhow, I decided to do a little research about the topic, and I noticed that on your main site, you have have several articles INSISTING that hymens DO NOT POP.
You actually have an annoyed tone about this. Now I can understand the point, that one's virginity is a person's own business. I get all that-I really do.
The problem, is that I am a woman, a real live human being, and mine definitely made a popping POP!-a noise.
And I understand that the "popping" sound DOES happen to other girls & women from time to time.
I admit that the only time that I ever heard it was when it happened to me, but it was loud enough, (due to the way that it happened-I was in a weird position also), for other people to hear it. And they did. We were ALL surprised.
That's my story & I'm sticking to it. As I said, I am writing the story soon for the first time and it happened a long time ago, but the point is that it DID happen to me and it DOES SO happen sometimes.
From what I remember, there was no blood involved, and there was no blood for my "first time".
One friend of mine reported a great deal of blood, or what she considered to be, "a bloody mess", when she gave-up her virginity.
So, yes, there are many different experiences with it, but please do not invalidate my experience, just because it did not happen to you. [Embarrassed]

Posts: 1 | From: moon | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can you point me to the articles that say that a hymen (now called the corona) never ever breaks or pops? While it is true that they generally wear away more gradually over time, it is possible in the case of injury or very forceful vaginal entry for a corona to tear. It doesn't happen most of the time, but it can happen.

In your friend's case, it's entirely possible that her corona was stretched or torn, and that contributed to the bleeding, but other things can cause bleeding during intercourse as well, whether it's the 1st or 100th time for someone.

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5658 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EmilyV-NonPkid
Neophyte
Member # 48103

Icon 1 posted      Profile for EmilyV-NonPkid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's funny because I felt something "popped" when I inserted my tampon. But I don't think it has much to do with hymen/corona thing but it's more a of state of one's mind. In short: it's in your head.

--------------------
Twitter

Posts: 12 | From: NY | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.