Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Dry nipples?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Dry nipples?
Yesman
Activist
Member # 45226

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yesman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey,

me and my girl have been doing sexual stuff togetha Everythin except intercourse.

Now today she says her nipples r dry n rough. i duno wat dis means ? i guess i'm scared she might b pregnant?

Posts: 52 | From: South Africa | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
coralee
Peer Ambassador
Member # 43628

Icon 1 posted      Profile for coralee         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dry and rough nipples shouldn't make you worried about pregnancy. The earliest sign of pregnancy is usually a missed period. If you wanted to check the pregnancy risk of whatever you've been doing together sexually, here's a good article:
http://www.scarleteen.com/article/advice/pregnancy_scared

Dry/rough nipples could be caused simply by things like wearing an uncomfortable bra or living in a dry climate. She could try putting some moisturizing lotion on them.

Posts: 143 | From: USA | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yesman
Activist
Member # 45226

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yesman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanx a lot,

i was worried because i ejaculated on myself then i cleaned it up. then shortly after i fingered her. so i was scared mayb the sperm could Stil be on my finger and got in her

Posts: 52 | From: South Africa | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As that article explains, manual sex (fingering) does not present a risk of pregnancy unless you had a handful of fresh ejaculate. If you wiped off your hands, there is no risk.

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5721 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yesman
Activist
Member # 45226

One more question

how long can sperm live out of ur body for ?

Carpe Diem
Activist
Member # 47124

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carpe Diem     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How long sperm survives outside the body depends on the situation.

If the semen is moist then the sperm may still be alive, but once it is dry they are dead for sure.

Depending on the surface/temperature/situation, sperm can survive anywhere from a few minutes to an couple of hours.

--------------------
"Find a place inside where there's joy, and the joy will burn out the pain."
-Joseph Campbell

Posts: 210 | From: Canada | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yesman
Activist
Member # 45226

Thanx a lot for the reinsurance guys

my girl just had Her period so its impossibl to be pregnant. right ?

Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes. If your girlfriend has had a normal period, then you can assume she is not pregnant (and again, as we've explained, there really was not a risk of pregnancy in the first place).

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5721 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.