Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » semen allergy or what?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: semen allergy or what?
Lilerse
Activist
Member # 46007

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lilerse     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So, this probably won't be a problem anymore since I don't plan to be monogamous again any time soon, but when I WAS monogamous and had sex (intercourse) sometimes without a condom, and my partner ejaculated inside me, my vagina would feel kinda..irritated afterwards. It felt great for me when he came, but not after.

The thing is, it doesn't seem like it could be an allergy since it feels totally when when semen is in my mouth or stomach. It's just my vagina. Any idea what's going on?

Posts: 219 | From: Indiana | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mma
Activist
Member # 47280

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mma     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It can happen with a particular partner. I was quite sensitive for a while, to the point where I would sometimes get congested or a tickle in my throat after giving oral sex or would get a red blotch on my skin (say, shoulder, not even a mucous membrane) if it came in contact with semen. But until I noticed the vulvar reaction, I never made the connection about the skin or nose/throat as it didn't happen until many years had passed.

We decided to go back to using condoms for a while. I think the polyurethane ones used with a silicone-based lube provided the most comfortable experience for me, and then later discovered a latex allergy in my family history, so that could have something to do with it!

After being far more diligent with waiting for full arousal and more liberal with the lube, we haven't been using condoms and happily, the problem hasn't recurred.

So, it *is* possible, though rare. If it bothers you, no reason not to just keep using condoms. Easier cleanup, less risk of irritation... I personally like it better all the way around.

--------------------
http://www.safeplace.org

1-800-799-SAFE (7233)
http://www.ndvh.org

Posts: 116 | From: Texas | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lilerse
Activist
Member # 46007

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lilerse     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yep, and again, I'm planning to keep using condoms anyway, I'm just curious as to why it happened. And I doubt it's the particular partner because he's the guy I gave the most head to, and swallowed, and no irritation in the mouth/stomach. So who knows.

But thanks for the response [Smile]

Posts: 219 | From: Indiana | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.