Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Wet Problem

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Wet Problem
Kiya
Neophyte
Member # 47902

Icon 8 posted      Profile for Kiya     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've been having trouble when I'm with my boyfriend, I keep getting wet a lot. We haven't had sex, nor does he know I have this problem. Is there a way to stop getting wet when I'm with him? We've been together for 10 months and it's getting annoying having to try to keep a distance from him and stuff. It's embarrassing as well.
Posts: 3 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mma
Activist
Member # 47280

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mma     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi there! Why don't you check this article out?

http://www.scarleteen.com/article/advice/is_it_gross_to_get_wet

It's pretty normal for what you're describing to happen. I'd say it's a good sign that you have "chemistry" with your boyfriend.

Just FYI, it's also normal for some people to have this all the time (assuming no burning/itching/other symptoms), even if they're not doing something sexy, like just working or going to school. Some people are just wetter than average.

--------------------
http://www.safeplace.org

1-800-799-SAFE (7233)
http://www.ndvh.org

Posts: 116 | From: Texas | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Smiley64
Activist
Member # 34285

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Smiley64     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Being wet definitely isn't anything you need to be embarrassed about at all. It's just your body's sign that you are turned on or aroused. It's a natural, normal occurance, especially when you are with your partner. When you are sexually aroused, your body makes it's own lubrication. It could be compared to when a guy becomes turned on and gets an erection, alike, women become wet. It's completely normal. There's nothing that I'm aware of to stop this, though some birth controls can cause vaginal dryness.
Posts: 169 | From: usa | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lilerse
Activist
Member # 46007

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lilerse     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And Kiya, if and when you ever do start having intercourse, I promise you will be grateful to get wet so easily! Getting wet is a wonderful thing!
Posts: 219 | From: Indiana | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.