Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » lower stomach pains after sex?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: lower stomach pains after sex?
AGF
Activist
Member # 47708

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AGF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
my bf and i have been together for awhile now and we dont rush anything. so when we decided to have ssex we knew thats wat we really wanted. the first time wasnt as bad as people make it out to be. but lately, when we have sex it feels good, but after and sometimes the next day my lower stomach hurts. since i have not been with any other guy but him, i dont know other sizes of guys but i would have to say he is definately not small. definately not. but the pain is still there. its not the same pain as period cramps but its an annoying pain. i can still breathe and do daily activities but the pain is still there. why is this? [Confused]
Posts: 46 | From: USA | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AGF
Activist
Member # 47708

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AGF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
we have tried different positions, and sometimes that helps. he is the only guy i have ever slept with and vice versa so its not an sti and i dont have a UTI.
Posts: 46 | From: USA | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
AGF: I'm so sorry this got overlooked.

So, let me throw a few questions at you first so I can do my best to give you the best answers here.

These times when your stomach hurts afterwards, BEFORE you have intercourse (I assume you're talking about vaginal intercourse?), are you fully aroused first and throughout?
Are you ever reaching orgasm, if not via intercourse, via some sexual activity at these times?
Do you experience this discomfort with other kinds of sex?
During the intercourse, is what you're doing feeling good? If and when it isn't, are you stopping the intercourse and then either doing something else, or just nixing sex?
Are you up to date with STI screens and your GYN exams?
On a scale of 0 - 10, where 0 is no pain, and 10 is excruciating pain, what level of pain would you say this is?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AGF
Activist
Member # 47708

yes i am aroused.
i have not reached orgasm, but i want to.
i do not experience this discomfort with other kinds of sex.
yes, the intercourse feels good, but yes when i do feel uncomfortable with anything, i do try another position.
never been to a gyno
2 or 3. its a pain that i feel but it doesnt cause me so much pain i cant get through the day.
sorry for the short sentences, my cat is trying to help me type!

Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, so given the low level of pain and what you're saying, what seems most likely is that it's vasocongestion from not reaching orgasm. That won't do you any harm, just like it doesn't guys when they get it ("blue balls" may sound familiar to you: it's not exclusive to men).

But if you have never been to a GYN and are sexually active, it's time to start anyway, so you can also check in about this while you're there. Do you know where to go to get sexual healthcare near you?

--------------------
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AGF
Activist
Member # 47708

thank you for the help with this. i wasnt able to get onto the site for some reason and i sent an answer to the email you had sent me. i still haved reached orgasm but twice now have had sex with no pain. was it maybe a new kind of condom or position? ( i explained the condom thing in the emial.) i have not really looked into a gyno but plan to go to my dr as soon as i can and then if she cant help with that medical area i was going to ask her wha tshe would suggest.
AGF
Activist
Member # 47708

sorry where it says haved reached orgasm i meant haven't...
AGF
Activist
Member # 47708

i have had sex twice now and neither time had any pain. we usually use trojan enz but we bought a variety pack and we used the her pleasure first.....we both loved it. we jsut tried the twisted pleasure yesterday....he came but we didnt like it. one thing that did occure to me though is that depending on who is doing what, if i put myself on him rather than he make the first move, it feels better. he went in me rather quickly and it felt like it went pretty far. we still go the length of him becasue our bodies touch but something is different and better now. is it possible that he is larger than my inside?
another thing.....ive never had an orgasm with him. as much as the thought of masturbation grosses me out, ive secretly done it because i was turned on for whatever reason and he wasnt around to help me out. i just play with my clit and i have orgasmed. its an amazing feeling. i feel really good with him, just no orgasm but he always manages to. why is that and how can i change it?
this is alot i know but all these things have happened in the last day or so and i thought that i could just ask you. if you could i would really appreciate it [Smile]
AGF

Heather
Member # 3

The boards are going offline shortly until the 20th. We can pick this back up when we're back online, if you like. Sorry if that leaves you hanging in any way, but our mail site will remain available and we will be providing referrals to other services on the main board page.

--------------------
About Me Get our book!

AGF
Activist
Member # 47708

ok. anything for my last post?
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry this sat for awhile, AGF.

It is possible that your boyfriend's penis is slightly longer than your vaginal canal, even when you're totally aroused. It may also just be that he was entering you too fast, and having you be more in control solves the problem.

To answer your question about orgasm, I'm going to link you to an article that will hopefully clear things up for you. If you still have questions after you've read it, come on back and we can talk some more.

The Great No-Orgasm-from-Intercourse Conundrum

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randy
Neophyte
Member # 47976

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The vagina is bound to be painful, thats normal. When I lost my virginity, I had stomach cramps, but may be normal painkillers will, and in another 4-5 days to address the doctor, I am sure that is how it does not sound like the guy was still too soft his first time.

[ 07-23-2010, 11:15 AM: Message edited by: Karybu ]

Posts: 3 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's not accurate at all - intercourse should not be painful whether it's the first time or the hundredth and if it is, it's usually due to simple things like lack of arousal or insufficient lube. Please make sure you are posting accurate information in the future.

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AGF
Activist
Member # 47708

thanks karybu for the link. it helped a bit. and also thank you for clearing randy up. sex should not be painful.

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.