Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » can i get pregnant if...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: can i get pregnant if...
mcguire1495
Neophyte
Member # 45950

Icon 12 posted      Profile for mcguire1495     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
can i get pregnant if my boyfriend just touches/traces my clit with the "head" of his penis without cumming??
Posts: 32 | From: Indiana | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Direct, unprotected genital contact does present possible STI and pregnancy risks. Without ejaculate, that pregnancy risk is very low, but it is still possible.

So, if you want to avoid pregnancy and STIs, it's very important genital-to-genital contact is protected.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mcguire1495
Neophyte
Member # 45950

Icon 5 posted      Profile for mcguire1495     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
wat if i were to maybe wash my clit/vag after?
Posts: 32 | From: Indiana | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Washing afterwards does not reduce the risk of pregnancy or STIs, since you can't wash inside your cervix or uterus.

Why not simply have him put a condom on?

[ 05-17-2010, 08:14 PM: Message edited by: Heather ]

--------------------
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mcguire1495
Neophyte
Member # 45950

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mcguire1495     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
we're not sure where/how to get one without his parents knowing. lol.
Heather
Member # 3

Okay. You can buy condoms at any drugstore or even grocery stores. You can also get them at free clinics.

Suffice it to say, I'd be much more concerned with an STI or an unwanted pregnancy -- which parents are much more likely to discover -- than discovery of condoms.

But if you feel like neither of you can step it up and get what you need to have sex like this or other kinds safely, then I'd suggest you hold off on contact like this until you can, okay?

--------------------
About Me Get our book!

mcguire1495
Neophyte
Member # 45950

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mcguire1495     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
okay. well he can most likely get one of those 2packs or whatever from the drugstore or a cvs. lol he'd be dealing with the awkwardness at the check-out counter.
Heather
Member # 3

Yes, he can, but you know, everyone can feel awkward at first buying condoms, just like you might have when buying tampons. People get over it.

If he or you can handle having any kind of sex with someone else, that kind of awkwardness should so not be a big deal.

--------------------
About Me Get our book!

mcguire1495
Neophyte
Member # 45950

okay. thanks [Smile]
mcguire1495
Neophyte
Member # 45950

if he were to get a thin condom, would it be possible for me to get pregnant just by hhim touching my clit with a thin one?
Heather
Member # 3

Thinner condoms are just as effective as thicker ones. In fact, because they produce less friction, it's been suggested they may be even less likely to break.

In perfect use -- on for all contact from start to finish, room left at the tip, ideally w/extra lubricant used, taken off properly, within the expiry date -- condoms are 98% effective at preventing pregnancy. In typical use -- when some or all of those things aren't done -- they are 85% effective.

No form of birth control, condoms or otherwise, is 100% effective, but if you want more protection than a condom offers, especially if you think you may move into doing more than direct outercourse, you can consider methods with higher perfect and typical use rates, like hormonal methods you can get a prescription for from your doctor, or like combining a condom with those or other methods.

--------------------
About Me Get our book!

mcguire1495
Neophyte
Member # 45950

if i dont take birth control, and he wears a condom, and i decide i want him to put it in me, will i be less likely to become pregnant?
Heather
Member # 3

Like I said, condoms reduce the risk of pregnancy anywhere from 85-98%, depending on how properly they are used.

Here's a link for you on how to use them:Condom Basics: A User's Manual.

Here's another link you might find helpful: http://www.scarleteen.com/article/sexuality/ready_or_not_the_scarleteen_sex_readiness_checklist

--------------------
About Me Get our book!

mcguire1495
Neophyte
Member # 45950

for a lube, can i use vaseline or something for him? stupid question but just wondering.
Heather
Member # 3

Not with condoms, no: vaseline or oils can erode condoms and cause them to break. As well, vaseline isn't something you want to have inside your vagina.

For lube with condoms, you'll buy lube where you buy condoms. It will usually say on the bottle or box that it is safe to use with condoms.

--------------------
About Me Get our book!

Yesman
Activist
Member # 45226

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yesman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry to but in here, but I also wanted to know if its safe to rub the shaft of ur penis just against her clit - pregnancy wise?
Posts: 52 | From: South Africa | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
asulovebug
Neophyte
Member # 47145

Icon 1 posted      Profile for asulovebug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I hate to butt in here too, but I used an ultra thin condom for the first time the last time I had sex and the thing broke. and the worst part of it was that it was extremely thin so you could hardly feel like it was there...so when it broke we didn't know until about an hour into sex. If I am taking birth control--but its my first month on it--and he didn't go inside me, are the chances of me getting pregnant very low? Its confusing and scary because birth control has messed with my period..so im worried I wouldn't know that I am pregnant unless I started showing :/
Posts: 6 | From: Arizona | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yesman...as a general rule, ANYTIME you have any sort of unprotected genital contact there will be some level of risk for both pregnancy and STIs.

asulovebug...How long have you been taking the pill? (I know you said this is your first month, but are you in your first week of pills or what? Also, what day in your cycle did you start the pill and have you been taking it properly?)

--------------------
Sarah Liz

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.