Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Sex doesn't seem to... work?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sex doesn't seem to... work?
DoubleE
Neophyte
Member # 45917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DoubleE     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My girlfriend and I are trying to have sex and we're both new to the game. However, physically it just doesn't seem to be happening.

We're attempting to use the missionary position, but it feels almost like the angles aren't working out. I can get inside, but shortly in it feels like my penis is hitting a brick wall: there's no deep entry. It literally feels like I'm hitting a wall with my penis. We've tried pillows under her, lifting her legs way up, have her guide me in, but it almost seems like right at the end of her vaginal canal its really tight and I'm being stopped. She says that she herself can feel that there's lots of room back there but right at the end, it almost feels like it pinches. It's difficult to describe.

We definitely didn't skip the foreplay (which was our first mistake the first go). I just can't get inside! I will note that ONCE I was able to get inside and it worked, and she says she enjoyed (i... did to a degree?) but it still felt quite bizarre (at the end we didn't finish due to circumstance). Furthermore, we can't replicate it! Which may be more frustrating than before.

Are there common mistakes first-timers make that I might be doing? Maybe any tips? I thought the missionary would have been simple and borderline instinctual, but its mostly been awkward limbs and struggling so far. We can't quite get into the swing of it, and it's become very frustrating! Thanks in advance.

Posts: 3 | From: Canada | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
forspecial
Neophyte
Member # 43526

Icon 1 posted      Profile for forspecial     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I honestly would try a different position. You're forcing a position that obviously just is not going to work for you two, and that will make it even more frustrating. I personally find the missionary position very bizarre and unnatural, at least for my current partner and I. Maybe in the future that will change, maybe not. I usually am on top in what is kind of a modified cowgirl (that name is so degrading). Try a different position, since missionary just isn't working for you.
Posts: 39 | From: Misourri | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
evilstrawberry
Activist
Member # 39129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for evilstrawberry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has fingering worked for you both? Since one or two fingers are smaller and more flexible than a penis, trying that would be a good start to working up to intercourse and determining what angles work best.
Posts: 117 | From: U.S. | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
atm1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 37835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for atm1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are you using extra lube? Waiting until she's very aroused?

Also, why don't you take a look at these articles:

From OW! to WOW! Demystifying Painful Intercourse
First Intercourse 101
Let's Get Metaphysical: The Etiquette of Entry
Yield for Pleasure

Posts: 2262 | From: in transition | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DoubleE
Neophyte
Member # 45917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DoubleE     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've read some of those articles and I'll definitely give them all a read again, but I'll answer the questions.

Fingering: Yes. I can feel the tightness at the (outer) end of her vagina but I'm thankfully more dexterous with my fingers then my penis.

Lube: Absolutely.

Aroused: Well, I think so. As I said our first mistake was jumping right into it, but we haven't done that again and we've spent plenty of time "fooling around" and such. She insists she is aroused, but it doesn't seem to help.

Also, we tried her on top once but that didn't seem to work either. Hopefully we'll be able to try again rather soon, I'm sure you can imagine this has become rather frustrating? Anyways, I'll get to reading those articles.

[ 05-02-2010, 01:04 PM: Message edited by: DoubleE ]

Posts: 3 | From: Canada | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.