Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » we want to, but im scared of pregnancy. HELP

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: we want to, but im scared of pregnancy. HELP
mcguire1495
Neophyte
Member # 45950

Icon 9 posted      Profile for mcguire1495     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My boyfriend of 9months and I want to try to have sex, but i dont want to talk to my aunt& uncle about the pill because they will freak out on me, and probably kill me because i asked. We want to have sex but don't want to become pregnant.

If we were to use a condom and he "pulls out" before cumming, would I become pregnant?

We really want to try but we dont know any other way besides actually having sex.

Posts: 32 | From: Indiana | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
psykins
Neophyte
Member # 45771

Icon 1 posted      Profile for psykins     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Pulling out right before orgasm would not be advised when using condoms. This is because, in the heat of the moment, it can be really difficult to remember to hold the base of the condom, and you might end up with a bigger risk from the condom slipping off than you would from him orgasming inside of the condom inside of you. It would probably be better if you two just got really comfortable using condoms correctly (putting them on the right way, using lots of lube, etc) A really good source of information for all about how to use condoms is found here: http://www.scarleteen.com/article/boyfriend/condom_basics_a_users_manual

If you're not comfortable with just condoms, you could try another form of birth control. You might want to start your search for a second method here: http://www.scarleteen.com/article/sexuality/birth_control_bingo

Hope some of this helps!

Posts: 14 | From: US | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
May Day
Activist
Member # 39174

Icon 1 posted      Profile for May Day     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just to be clear: condoms alone are a VERY efficient form of birth control.

To add to psykins post, here's an article on withdrawal as a birth control: http://www.scarleteen.com/birth_control_bingo_withdrawal

it includes a list of other methods where it may be combined, including condoms.

Posts: 172 | From: Australia | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.