Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Heat Rash?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Heat Rash?
Sukashu
Neophyte
Member # 46738

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sukashu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My boyfriend and I have been together for 2 years, 1.5 of which we have been sexually active together. We both are our first sexual partners, lost our virginity together, are neither of us have had any sort of sex with anyone else.

Recently, both of us have had pain during/after sex. I am sore after and he develops what looks like a heat rash. I am on a hormonal birth control method, so it isn't an allergic reaction to a condom. During sex I am wet enough, but the pain still occurs. I am wondering if we should try using lubricant or if there are any other suggestions?

My boyfriend has always been honest with me, and since it is causing him pain as well, I doubt he is lying about only being with me. Plus, I doubt he'd have time to sleep with anyone else, as we are busy at college or busy doing homework, lol.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. I am mostly wondering why this is happening now and why it never has happened before.

Posts: 9 | From: California | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
forspecial
Neophyte
Member # 43526

Icon 1 posted      Profile for forspecial     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, if it's hurting you I'd definitely try some lube and see if that helps. If it does, your problem is solved!

As for the heat rash, I thought that was a not-exactly-common but not uncommon thing that happened after sex for men. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong!

Posts: 39 | From: Misourri | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sukashu
Neophyte
Member # 46738

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sukashu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the advice. I am hoping some lube will solve the problem.
Posts: 9 | From: California | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sukashu
Neophyte
Member # 46738

So...not so good news. We used lube and the same exact thing happened. Sex hurt for both of us. I was sore and he had what looked like a heat rash. The only thing I can think of that has changed since this started happening is that we have sex less often. By that I mean once a week, usually. Going to college and both of us living with our parents kinda inhibits that.

Anyways, I can't really pinpoint where I hurt after, but I think it is inside of my vagina a little, but also the labia hurts. It might sound weird, but I think it may be because my vagina is small? Since we're not having sex as much maybe I'm not as "stretched out"?

I think I am going to go to a gynecologist, but I thought I might research a little a ask around here.

Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Have both of you recently had a full panel of tests for all possible sexually transmitted/genital infections? While it's not likely an STD at hand here per se, if neither of you has ever had any kind of sex with anyone else, some other infections can still develop on their own, like fungal or bacterial infections. If not, I'd absolutely start there. Sorry I or one of the other volunteers didn't see this post before now, I'd have suggested that right from the start.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just a P.S.? There's really no such things as a "small" vagina. The vaginal canal is a flexible tube, and one that is usually very stretchy and expansive with sex so long as you're very sexually aroused.

Vaginas also don't "stretch out" over time in any static way when it comes to sex. Sometimes childbirth can create differences, but even those are usually temporary. And an infant's head a penis is not. [Smile]

[ 04-25-2010, 08:51 PM: Message edited by: Heather ]

--------------------
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sukashu
Neophyte
Member # 46738

Thank you for the reply. I am definitely going to get a check-up to see if there are any sort of infections. And thanks for the P.S. I have had all sorts of classes where you learn about anatomy, but not the physiology of the female. Well, physiology isn't really the correct word. We don't learn how things should feel and not feel. We just know that it's there.
Heather
Member # 3

I hear you. You might enjoy this piece, then: I originally did it for medical students who felt they weren't given any information in their anatomy studies from a perspective of pleasure: With Pleasure: A View of Whole Sexual Anatomy for Every Body.

Make sure you both get those check-ups, not just you, okay? For instance, with a fungal infection, something you could both have, it may be that he has it, and you're having a reaction to it, or vice-versa.

--------------------
About Me Get our book!

Sukashu
Neophyte
Member # 46738

I will make sure we both get a check-up. And thanks for that link. =)

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.