Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Can my boyfriend and I have unprotected sex before putting a condom on?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Can my boyfriend and I have unprotected sex before putting a condom on?
CuriousxMe
Neophyte
Member # 46456

Icon 5 posted      Profile for CuriousxMe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My boy friend and I are going to try and have sex without a condom for a minute... I've been told it's called pre-ejaculation but what if there was no pre-cum involved. Am I still able to get pregnant?

Thanks!

Posts: 37 | From: Usa | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
evilstrawberry
Activist
Member # 39129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for evilstrawberry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What you're describing would be perfect use of withdrawal (he doesn't ejaculate inside you) and Yes, there is still a chance of you getting pregnant by doing this.

Check it out: Withdrawal

Pre-cum/pre-ejaculate usually will be present and while it USUALLY does not contain sperm, there is a chance it can: http://www.scarleteen.com/article/advice/when_does_pre_cum_come_out_of_a_guys_penis

Can I ask why you don't just use a condom? It would probably give you a lot more peace of mind and if you and your boyfriend have not been tested, this will protect you from STI's too [Smile]

Posts: 117 | From: U.S. | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bio
Neophyte
Member # 46687

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My girl friend and i have practiced this when ever there isn't a condom within reach. its not the safest method because of pre-cum and the overwhelming urge for a guy to stay in when he does cum. But for ever time use I would really advise you use a condom. If my gf and i had done it like that every time I would have a kid by now.
Posts: 28 | From: usa | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
khan_k
Activist
Member # 46388

Icon 1 posted      Profile for khan_k     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes you may be able to get pregnant. From what I know pre-cum is the fluid from Cowper gland which serve to reduce the acidity in the urethra (sperm cannot stand acidity!) Normally there's no sperm inside it but in the case that the guy ejaculate before hand and never urinate before the next ejaculation, the pre-cum which precede the cum may flush out whatever that's left of the sperms in the urethra outside, thus the pregnancy risk...

Condom should be used for any direct genital contact =D hope this helps!

The thing is most guys don't know when their pre-cum leaks out... so it's impossible to withdraw before your pre-cum make its way out.

--------------------
~life is a long second best, a perpetual compromise between the ideal and the possible~

Posts: 41 | From: Singapore | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AmityJane
Neophyte
Member # 48828

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AmityJane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You can't do that... it wouldn't work.
You have to use a condom while he is inside you because any pre-ejaculation could get you pregnant.

Posts: 26 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lilerse
Activist
Member # 46007

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lilerse     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've done it when I was in a monogamous relationship, and he pulled out before ejaculation every time - but I wouldn't do it unless you're certain (or close to certain, as "certain" never really exists when it comes to STIs) neither of you have an STI, because while pre-cum rarely contains sperm, it can easily carry an STI.
So pregnancy risk is low (if done correctly!). But STI risk is definitely high.

Posts: 219 | From: Indiana | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.