Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » My girlfriend doesn't like oral sex...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: My girlfriend doesn't like oral sex...
EternalRose
Neophyte
Member # 46320

Icon 11 posted      Profile for EternalRose     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, so I'm in a relationship with another girl. She likes it when I perform oral sex on her, but doesn't like to perform it on me. The reason for my question is that she truly has no idea why she doesn't like it. Anybody know of some reasons she wouldn't like doing that? Besides the obvious, like taste or something. I want to help her figure this out. Please help? [Confused]
Posts: 4 | From: New Mexico | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
coralee
Peer Ambassador
Member # 43628

Icon 1 posted      Profile for coralee         Edit/Delete Post 
Some things that can make it hard for someone to enjoy giving oral sex include taste (you can try using flavored condoms or dental dams) and that it can be physically uncomfortable for your head and neck (she can try different positions or giving oral sex for a shorter period of time). Also, sometimes receiving partners like holding their partner's head, which can feel threatening and uncomfortable for some.

But she doesn't have to give reasons for why she doesn't want to give you oral sex or even know why she doesn't like it. If she's not interested in it right now, you just have to accept it. Just as if you didn't enjoy doing something sexual with her, she would have to accept that.

[ 03-22-2010, 09:19 AM: Message edited by: coralee ]

Posts: 143 | From: USA | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lilerse
Activist
Member # 46007

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lilerse     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I can't really think of reasons not to like it because I personally LOVE it, but there are a lot of girls who don't and that's their personal preference. Do make sure that you're clean, that she's in a comfortable position, and that you're not pushing her head down (this is the rudest thing a guy has done to me..I love a hand on my head but pushing is NOT OKAY). Make it clear that she doesn't have to swallow, or get any semen in her mouth in the first place, if she doesn't want to (if you warn her before you're about to come she can remove her mouth and jack you off the rest of the way, for example).

But as mentioned, it is personal preference, and there are some girls who simply don't like going down on guys. Whereas some girls (like me) get super turned on by it. So it varies. Hopefully you guys can figure out something that makes both of you happy.

Posts: 219 | From: Indiana | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lilerse
Activist
Member # 46007

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lilerse     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry, I totally just realized EternalRose is female. My bad!! I should not have made that assumption. Ignore my post (except the part about cleanliness and positions which I think do apply). Sorry!
Posts: 219 | From: Indiana | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EternalRose
Neophyte
Member # 46320

Icon 1 posted      Profile for EternalRose     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by coralee:
Some things that can make it hard for someone to enjoy giving oral sex include taste (you can try using flavored condoms or dental dams) and that it can be physically uncomfortable for your head and neck (she can try different positions or giving oral sex for a shorter period of time). Also, sometimes receiving partners like holding their partner's head, which can feel threatening and uncomfortable for some.

But she doesn't have to give reasons for why she doesn't want to give you oral sex or even know why she doesn't like it. If she's not interested in it right now, you just have to accept it. Just as if you didn't enjoy doing something sexual with her, she would have to accept that.

Well, she knows that it's none of those things. And I'm completely accepting of it, I don't mind at all. It's just that she would like to know why she doesn't like it, but she can't figure it out. I'm trying to help her figure it out. Thank you, though.
Posts: 4 | From: New Mexico | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EternalRose
Neophyte
Member # 46320

Icon 1 posted      Profile for EternalRose     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Lilerse:
Sorry, I totally just realized EternalRose is female. My bad!! I should not have made that assumption. Ignore my post (except the part about cleanliness and positions which I think do apply). Sorry!

Ha, totally okay. ^^
Dirigibles
Neophyte
Member # 46311

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dirigibles     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe she's not comfortable with her body yet and you need to help her feel comfortable?
Posts: 6 | From: USA | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EternalRose
Neophyte
Member # 46320

quote:
Originally posted by Dirigibles:
Maybe she's not comfortable with her body yet and you need to help her feel comfortable?

Hm, that's a good idea. Never thought of that.

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.