Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Do I need something different?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Do I need something different?
SpiderGirl91
Neophyte
Member # 45953

Icon 5 posted      Profile for SpiderGirl91     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ok, I'm gonna try to make this make sense....

I'm very familiar with my own body and what turns me on. When I first started masturbating, I would get very wet leading up to, during, and after orgasm. More recently, I would have to orgasm twice to get the same amount of wetness. Now, after becoming sexually active, I am almost dry after 2 or 3 orgasms through masturbation.

When I'm with my boyfriend, I may get wet before we start having sex...while we're kissing etc.

But nothing else we're doing is making me wet. I enjoy it all, and it USED to make me really wet, but now, I'm almost dry all the time, and the sexual activity isn't really exciting me. I feel bad that my boyfriend is bending over backwards trying to turn me on, and none of his tricks are working. I've been telling him what I like and such, and I still remain dry.

I'm just wondering if this is normal, and also if we should switch tactics. For example...we're pretty BDSM in our sex life. Should we switch to something else, or just use more lube?

Posts: 14 | From: Michigan | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michelle Ravel
Activist
Member # 21100

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michelle Ravel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SpiderGirl, before you get worried about whether you're having sex all wrong--have you been taking any new medication lately? Have you started doing new sports or activities? Have you been drinking less water? All these could be very simple physical reasons why you could be just a little drier generally.

This happened to me a few years ago, and for awhile I was worried until I discovered that the antihistamines I was taking for seasonal allergies were drying me up--not just my vaginal juices, but my nose, eyes, sweat, everything. Which I guess is the point of allergy medication--to help with the drippy nose, right? Well, it prevents other things from being drippy as well.

Posts: 51 | From: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SpiderGirl91
Neophyte
Member # 45953

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SpiderGirl91     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
haha, good point. (:

I'll be looking out for diet changes now! I had thought about that as a factor in the back of my head but didn't think it was too serious [Razz]

thanks!

Posts: 14 | From: Michigan | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's a page for you that addresses some of the many factors that can be a part of decreased sexual desire: http://www.scarleteen.com/article/advice/wheres_my_sex_drive_driven_off_to

Why don't you take a look at that, then we can talk more if you like, okay?

Can I also ask if by any chance you're using a method of hormonal birth control?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About MeGet our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 67115 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SpiderGirl91
Neophyte
Member # 45953

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SpiderGirl91     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks for the article! I started wondering after reading it if my desire problems were related to the fact that I've been really stressed out lately. I was actually just thinking of starting a post asking about stress management, because I really have no idea how to deal with it and it's tearing me apart. [Frown]

and also, I'm not on any birth control. My boyfriend and I use condoms, and that's it.. [Razz]

Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Per the dryness: are you also using plenty of extra lubricant with the condoms?

And when you say recently, what are we talking: days, weeks, months, years?

--------------------
About MeGet our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 67115 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SpiderGirl91
Neophyte
Member # 45953

we haven't tried lube yet. We were supposed to, but forgot to get it and didn't wanna ruin the flow of things...

and the dryness has been going on for about 2 months.

Heather
Member # 3

In my experience, grabbing and using lube doesn't ruin the flow. But anyone getting dried out and feeling uncomfortable certainly can.

So, for starters, sounds like you're past-due on getting some lubricant, something people have always used and generally find enhances things, even when folks aren't feeling overly dry. It also helps keep condoms from breaking.

With this only going on two months, I'd not lose sleep over it just yet. Sometimes our bodies are in a space where hormonal changes can play a part in this, or our general health or sexuality is some issue, like not getting enough sleep, being stressed, not having the level of desire for sex in the first place that will impact lubrication.

So, I'd look at the things on that list, consider them, see about making any changes you need to, and by all means, get some lube. [Smile]

--------------------
About MeGet our book!

SpiderGirl91
Neophyte
Member # 45953

thanks, Heather [Smile] I appreciate your help!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.