Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » I get wet only after I orgasm.. Why?!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I get wet only after I orgasm.. Why?!
Jazzer77
Neophyte
Member # 45840

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Jazzer77     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've never had sex, and I'm pretty inexperienced in all aspects, but I do masterbate fairly often. And it feels good, and everything is normal, except for the fact that I usually don't get wet until right before or right after I orgasm. There's nothing in the "leading up to" moments. This frustrates me and makes me nervous because I have a boyfriend and if we were to have sex soon I don't know what I'd do! I'd be afraid I wouldn't be able to get wet for anything to happen! I'm wondering if maybe it'll be different when I'm actually with a guy, and in the heat of the moment I'd be wet for sure. Maybe I'm not turned on enough when I'm fingering myself? I'm just confused about all of this and wondering if I'm normal.
Posts: 5 | From: Washington | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
This frustrates me and makes me nervous because I have a boyfriend and if we were to have sex soon I don't know what I'd do! I'd be afraid I wouldn't be able to get wet for anything to happen!
Please be aware that for all of human history that we know of, people have used lubricants for the kinds of sex that require lubrication or when lubrication makes things feel better. And lucky for us, we can get good ones now in a bottle from the drugstore instead of having to use animal fat or blubber. [Smile]

So, if you were with a partner and didn't feel wet enough, or was, but then later wasn't as wet as you like, the world would not even remotely end. You'd just add lube like a lot of people do and always have done. No big whoop.

Why aren't your self-lubricating except with orgasm? Who knows. Some people do just lubricate less than others. It may also be that you're not all that highly aroused yet, or are masturbating without having had a good deal of time spent getting more and more aroused, which isn't very uncommon since we can't make out with ourselves. [Smile]

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jill2000Plus
Activist
Member # 41657

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jill2000Plus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Women vary in how much vaginal lubrication they produce and under what circumstances, you're certainly not alone in not getting "wet" until just before or after orgasm, and it doesn't mean there's anything wrong with you, a lot of women don't produce enough lubrication for comfortable intercourse, so if you're thinking of having sex with your boyfriend I recommend using lube.

First Intercourse 101

Sexual Response and Orgasm: A Users Guide

Ready or Not? The Scarleteen Sex Readiness Checklist

Lubricant (Not Diamonds) is a Girl's Best Friend

Also check out the articles on safe sex if you want to (I have to rush off right now or I'd put the URLs in myself).

--------------------
Always knock before entering my room when I am in there alone, as I may be doing all sorts of wonderfully thrilling things that I'd rather you didn't see.

Posts: 840 | From: UK | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
robot_on_fire
Activist
Member # 45735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for robot_on_fire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
if it helps when i masturbate alone i usually only get wet after or just before orgasm .

However having some foreplay or messing around with my boyfriend gets me wet

Posts: 92 | From: las vegas | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jill2000Plus
Activist
Member # 41657

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jill2000Plus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Heather:
we can't make out with ourselves. [Smile]

I'm pretty sure I'm not the only person on these boards who's ever made out with their own hand [Razz]

--------------------
Always knock before entering my room when I am in there alone, as I may be doing all sorts of wonderfully thrilling things that I'd rather you didn't see.

Posts: 840 | From: UK | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Love to love
Activist
Member # 45991

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Love to love     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just wanted to add my $.02. I never get wet when pleasuring myself unless I've had a clit orgasm. Sometimes I need two before I get wet. Even if I try to touch my nipples it doesn't feel the same as when a guy is doing it. I can't make myself wet unless I'm having an orgasm. So not getting wet till after an orgasm is fine..
Posts: 115 | From: USA | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SpiderGirl91
Neophyte
Member # 45953

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SpiderGirl91     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
lol Jill2000...I have definitely done that in middle school [Razz] hahaha

and I have the same wetness issue...I may have a very small amount of wetness when aroused, but not nearly enough to stop friction ((learned that the hard way....owwww))

so yes...lube is definitely your bff in this kinda thing. (:

Posts: 14 | From: Michigan | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gingerbread
Activist
Member # 45944

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gingerbread     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Another thing you may want to consider, if having sex with your boyfriend and not being wet is your main concern, is that you could engage in some kind of activity (like oral or fingering) beforehand, with lube, to get to an orgasm, and then engage in sex afterwards. Sex doesn't have to be the main act, and you could end up with multiple orgasms. And who doesn't love that? And of course you are normal sugar, you just might have to alter the way you engage in sex in ways you haven't considered before, there's nothing wrong with that. Just make sure you are open with your partner about what feels good to you, and you'll be totally good to go. =]
Posts: 44 | From: United States | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.