Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » cervix?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: cervix?
evilstrawberry
Activist
Member # 39129

Icon 5 posted      Profile for evilstrawberry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So I recently had sex with my current boyfriend, and had the relatively frightening experience of bleeding A LOT from it. This has happened to me once in the past, but it was minimal, probably because it was quickly noticed. Both times, it was in a position where I felt like my partner was getting more deeply into me. There was, both times, a moment where it would feel very deep and tight and slightly uncomfortable, but this would quickly pass and we would continue...unfortunately this recent time we ended up continuing for quite some time before I realized I was not simply, as I usually am, extremely wet, I was in fact bleeding profusely (or at least it looked that way...it was everywhere [Frown] )

Is this from hitting my cervix? I don't know whether to be legitimately concerned about this happening or just be more conscientious in the future. I just got screened so it's not an STD, and I would think they would have noticed any cervical abnormalities while I was there too. I guess I just was not aware the cervix (if that is the culprit) was so prone to bleeding from what was FAR from painful sex. Thoughts? [Confused]

Posts: 117 | From: U.S. | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If the bleeding was due to an injury to your cervix, and it was big-time bleeding, I would have expected you to experience pain from that.

Do you have any history of ovarian or cervical cysts? The exam you just had: do you have all your results back from that yet?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
robot_on_fire
Activist
Member # 45735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for robot_on_fire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
might want to read something similar that happened to me :
http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/ultimatebb.php?/ubb/get_topic/f/28/t/005820.html

could just be an abrasion/injury to the vagina

Posts: 92 | From: las vegas | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
evilstrawberry
Activist
Member # 39129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for evilstrawberry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As far as i know I don't have any history of cysts. All my test results came back negative, and I got both a blood test and a swab. I guess it could be vaginal, I really don't know. Like I said, there wasn't really any pain, at most just a second of discomfort deep in me that quickly passed.
Posts: 117 | From: U.S. | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What's your pain threshold like: is it high? For instance, I have a high pain threshold for most things, which means an injury which will often leave others crying or yelling, I'll just be walking around going, "Phooey" ow."

--------------------
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
evilstrawberry
Activist
Member # 39129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for evilstrawberry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hm..I hadn't considered that. I guess I have a moderate tolerance of pain for certain things. But even with that in mind, I am hard pressed to think that there was pain involved in this. When I have had vaginal pain by myself or with someone, I do notice it and it feels pretty significantly painful and stabbing-like. This was definitely a different feeling.
Heather
Member # 3

Okay. If you're not having any pain, and nothing unusual happened with your last exam, you're negative with all your STI screenings, I'd not sweat this. Id just be sure and keep an eye, and if it keeps happening, then you'll want to talk to your healthcare provider about it.

--------------------
About Me Get our book!

evilstrawberry
Activist
Member # 39129

Ok, well I guess that's good news. I'll just watch out for it in the future then I suppose. Also, could it possibly be caused, at least in part, by a ribbed condom?
Heather
Member # 3

Not really. No style of condom is sharp.

However, textured condoms can create more friction, so if you also went without lube as needed, going without extra lube with those could potentially create abrasions. But that can be the case with any style, and would then be a lube, not a condom issue.

--------------------
About Me Get our book!

LondonBlue
Activist
Member # 38698

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LondonBlue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey evilstrawberry,

If it helps, I went through a similar experience and I don't think you should worry, as Heather said. I usually use a lot of lube, and one time I had sex a second time with 15-20 minutes delay and didn't replenish the lube. I assumed it would hurt if the lube was insufficient, so when it felt ok I didn't worry. But when it was over, I bled all over the place.

So I would say if there's any chance you weren't wet enough or weren't using enough lube, even though you didn't feel much pain, the bleeding could still be caused by that friction. Probably nothing scary. [Smile]

Posts: 96 | From: West Coast USA | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
evilstrawberry
Activist
Member # 39129

Ok, thanks so much for your help [Smile]

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.