Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Ortho Tri-Cyclen

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ortho Tri-Cyclen
forspecial
Neophyte
Member # 43526

Icon 1 posted      Profile for forspecial     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi guys! I'm slated to start Ortho Tri-Cyclen tonight. I had been on Yaz for a year, but it was not working out for me. Before birth control, I had had six periods in three years and was diagnosed with PCOS. Prior to Yaz, I never had problems with cramps, bloating or acne, but I did have rather heavy periods. Once I started Yaz, I began to get awful cramps, break outs, and bloated so badly that my jeans no longer fit, as well as extreme irritability and large clots in my menstrual blood. Because of this, my doctor decided that Ortho Tri-Cyclen may be a better fit for me. I just wanted to know what everyone's experiences were (since it's one of the most popular pills on the market).

I also had one question- When I started Yaz, my breasts grew about a cup size. Is it likely that they're going to grow again from switching pills? I'm on Ortho Tri-Cyclen, not Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo.

Posts: 39 | From: Misourri | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stephanie_1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 36725

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stephanie_1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Every woman is different, and how we respond to different types of bc is different as well - since our bodies handle the introduction of hormones their own way. You may notice a change in breast size or a slight change in weight (usually not more than 5 lbs).

--------------------
"Sometimes the majority only means that all the fools are on the same side" ~Anon

Posts: 3429 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
forspecial
Neophyte
Member # 43526

Icon 1 posted      Profile for forspecial     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Stephanie [Smile] I was just kind of looking towards some reassurance for this one, since Yaz was so miserable for me. I wasn't worried about the weight change as much as I was about the breast change, because I'm perfectly happy with them how they are.
Posts: 39 | From: Misourri | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stephanie_1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 36725

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stephanie_1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There's really no way to know for sure. Because you has so many issues with the other pills you'll want to keep your doctor up to date with anything that happens with these as well. It's possible you'll notice a slight change with breast size depending on how your body processes the hormones. The thing about bc pills is that everyone responds to them a bit differently, and it's trial and error with getting one that works for you. You may notice that there's very few side effects for this one for you - but make sure to keep your doctor posted on changes so they can help make sure it's working or brainstorm if it seems like it's not (And figure on the first 3 months or so for your body to become accustomed to them).

--------------------
"Sometimes the majority only means that all the fools are on the same side" ~Anon

Posts: 3429 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.