Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Question About Precum

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Question About Precum
LiiviinLaviidalocaaa
Activist
Member # 42288

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LiiviinLaviidalocaaa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello, Today I Gave My Boyfriend Oral Sex && Too My Suprise His Precum DIdnt taste sweet, or good, it was salty and such, I'm wondering is there anything wrong with him && what can be done(if it can) for the precum to be sweet, I have tried it once before and it was extremely sweet but it wasnt during oral sex.

Thank You in advance

Posts: 182 | From: USA | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Smellycheesebot
Neophyte
Member # 44126

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Smellycheesebot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Pre-cum is salty, since it's just made of fluid from the prostate. The only sweetness I can think of that would be in it is if your boyfriend ejaculated and the sperm (which has sugars in it, not like confectionery sugars) made it sweet.

I hear that certain foods can change the flavor of male ejaculate (like pineapples make it taste better, lots of red meats make it taste worse, etc), but I'm not sure if that's in reference to precum or stuff that gets added with the sperm in cum.

Though, in general, precum is salty.

Posts: 27 | From: Oregon | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Whether we're talking about ejaculate or pre-ejaculate, it's not always going to taste the same, either from partner to partner, or even always from day-to-day with one given partner. And either tasting salty isn't indicative of a health problem.

But overall, there's nothing anyone can do to change the way their normal, healthy body fluids taste.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
billy Mck
Neophyte
Member # 44489

Icon 1 posted      Profile for billy Mck     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, my girlfriend and I are planning on having sex for our first time. I'm going to be using a condom but I was wondering if precum can get her pregnant. I'm worried if it will leak out of the condom or not. I'm 19 and she is 18.
Posts: 8 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Condoms are designed to contain your body fluids. When used properly, if a condom does not fail, neither pre-ejaculate or ejaculate will "leak out."

Condoms are around 98% effective with perfect use and 85% effective with typical use. So, the thing to establish would be if you and your girlfriend are or are not comfortable with those possible levels of risk, and/or if you or she want to add a second method for more protection if yo are not.

--------------------
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
billy Mck
Neophyte
Member # 44489

Icon 1 posted      Profile for billy Mck     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I forgot to mention, she is also on birth control.
That should lower the risk too right?

Posts: 8 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

I don't know what kind of birth control you mean (birth control just means ANY method), but by all means, combining ANY two methods of reliable birth control absolutely decreases a risk of pregnancy.

You can see how much here: The Buddy System: Effectiveness Rates for Backing Up Your Birth Control With a Second Method

--------------------
About Me Get our book!

billy Mck
Neophyte
Member # 44489

She is on both pills, I dont know the names though.
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When you say both, do you mean she is taking two different types of birth control pills? There are many, many types of pills, and it would be incredibly unusual for someone to be on two kinds at the same time. As Heather said, though, using any two kinds of reliable birth control decreases the risk of pregnancy.

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
billy Mck
Neophyte
Member # 44489

Ya, i have no clue what they are called. She was told to take both though by her doctor she says [Smile]

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.