Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » itchiness

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: itchiness
saraa
Activist
Member # 40542

Icon 1 posted      Profile for saraa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i woke up this mornign and everything was fine, but as the day moved on i noticed my vagina was itchy.
and it's been itchy ever since and i don't know why.
[Confused]

--------------------
-saraa.

Posts: 55 | From: Canada | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There are a handful of reasons for genital itching. It could be an irritation -- like because of a certain soap or detergent you're using. It could be an infection, too.

How are you feeling today? Having any symptoms besides the itching? Where on your vulva do you seem to be the most itchy?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saraa
Activist
Member # 40542

Icon 1 posted      Profile for saraa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
it's feeling the same way as it was yesterday. and the itchiness is closer to the back? like, my hole?

i just finished my period and yesterday was the first day i did not have a tampon in through the day, so idk if that would have anything o do with it.

--------------------
-saraa.

Posts: 55 | From: Canada | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Have you found you've had irritation with tampons in the past? Or, have you recently switched brands?

--------------------
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saraa
Activist
Member # 40542

i've never had irritation, or at least noticed it.

ever since i've been using tampons i've used playtex, but last month i switched from playtex to tampax pearl, but last month there was no irritation with the new tampons.

--------------------
-saraa.

Heather
Member # 3

Well, perhaps this month there was.

My suggestion would be to sit with this for a few days. Use gentles soaps when washing, be sure and wear cotton underpants, etc. To help with the itching, you might find some aloe vera or a bath where you put a cup of vinegar in the water helps.

If, in a few days, the itching is still around or gets worse, then I'd go ahead and see your healthcare provider.

--------------------
About Me Get our book!

saraa
Activist
Member # 40542

alright thank you so much.

--------------------
-saraa.

Stephanie_1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 36725

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stephanie_1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sometimes when you use tampons, you'll find that near the end of your cycle because there isn't as much menstrual blood to be soaked up, tanpons can make you feel a bit dry. Also a reason (aside from TSS) using different size tampons depending on your flow for the day is helpful. It could be the switch in tampons as well. Has this ever happened before?

--------------------
"Sometimes the majority only means that all the fools are on the same side" ~Anon

Posts: 3429 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saraa
Activist
Member # 40542

no it has never happened before, this is the first time that it's happened.

--------------------
-saraa.

Stephanie_1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 36725

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stephanie_1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Try some of the things that Heather suggested above. If they work, and it's not an infection - you may want to consider switching back to the brand that you originally used. Some brands don't work as well for some people as others do.

--------------------
"Sometimes the majority only means that all the fools are on the same side" ~Anon

Posts: 3429 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saraa
Activist
Member # 40542

the brand that i used to use would lalways leak, whereas this brand did not leak...

so i don't really want to switch back to the other brand, idk what to do.

--------------------
-saraa.

Heather
Member # 3

There are way more than two brands/styles of tampons.

As well, if you're having issues with leaking, that's likely either because a) you're not changing your tampon often enough or b) because you're not inserting the tampon correctly.

--------------------
About Me Get our book!

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.