Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » You get Lube where?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: You get Lube where?
Bits_a_Questions
Neophyte
Member # 43964

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Bits_a_Questions     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So today I lost my virginity and it hurt. I had forgot some things I had learned the previuos night from reading an article on here. My bf and I ended up reading over it so next time I can enjoy it [Razz] Something I came across was about not using enough lube. I know I get dry easily. I am 14 and want to know where am I going to get lube?! I would Love an answer. It would really help out my sex life! Thank you

--------------------
<3 PRIDE! <3

Posts: 9 | From: N/A | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You can usually find lube next to the condoms in grocery stores and pharmacies, or places like Target or WalMart. Just make sure to get one that's water-based, as anything oil-based will break down condoms.

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5659 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bits_a_Questions
Neophyte
Member # 43964

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bits_a_Questions     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks!!

--------------------
<3 PRIDE! <3

Posts: 9 | From: N/A | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Smellycheesebot
Neophyte
Member # 44126

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Smellycheesebot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A lot of condoms come pre-lubed too. Some have extra lubed (I know that Lifestyles makes a REALLY slippery condom), though, in 99% of cases, more lube is not a bad thing.
Posts: 27 | From: Oregon | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
atm1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 37835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for atm1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The lube that comes on condoms is generally not enough, though, to really alleviate pain with intercourse. Also, extra lube makes condoms less likely to break.
Posts: 2262 | From: in transition | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheBexExpress
Neophyte
Member # 44524

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheBexExpress     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know, I've always found lube to be fun! There are all these different kinds! And some are gel-ish and some are liquid and some of them are warming, and some taste good! Seriously, I love goin' lube shopping.

I don't know about where you live, but I can get a decent range of lubes at the chemist or the supermarket, and a dazzling range in adult stores.

Posts: 13 | From: Australia | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
miss christine
Neophyte
Member # 44534

Icon 1 posted      Profile for miss christine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some lubricants are better than others. Personally, I think Astro is the best, but that's just me. You can even find companies offering free samples, that way you can find a brand you enjoy.

--------------------
[CHRiSTiNE]

Posts: 7 | From: Sunny Florida | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stephanie_1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 36725

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stephanie_1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You want to be sure you're using a water based lubricant (especially with condoms). Miss Christine's suggestion of Astroglide is a good one (and welcome to ST Miss Christine), as are liquid silk and pink. First intercourse is a different experience for different women, but pain is something that can happen. And it tends to depend on the person and the experience what livel that pain is. Remember though too, you want to make sure you're really aroused, and taking things slow. And if you're finding you're in pain, letting your partner know that (and making adjustments for that).

--------------------
"Sometimes the majority only means that all the fools are on the same side" ~Anon

Posts: 3417 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tahlalalia
Neophyte
Member # 44376

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tahlalalia         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The first time hurts for a lot of women. I do thoroughly recommend lube, it just makes things easier and a lot more fun. It's not nice being sore afterward.

I'm not sure if you get them wherever you are, but some shops have self service check outs. You can buy your lube among everyday things without funny looks from the cashier. [Smile]

I don't know if that bothers you, but I do it because I get self conscious about that kind of thing.

Posts: 16 | From: UK | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.