Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » worried

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: worried
alison710
Neophyte
Member # 41569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alison710     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've been on birth control since March (so about four months) and have never missed a pill, or taken a pill late. Both my boyfriend and I have been tested for STIs and are both free from anything. We usually use condoms, but sometimes we don't. Last night we didn't use a condom and he always pulls out before he ejaculates but this time he didn't. I know that no method of birth control works 100% so there is always a risk of pregnancy, but this has never happened before so I was wondering about the risk of pregnancy while taking birth control & if I have anything to be worried about? I wasn't sure if it was safe for a guy to ejaculate in you even if you were taking birth control. I know about Plan B, but I don't currently have a job so I do not have enough money to afford it right now. Should I be worried?

Posts: 17 | From: Texas | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StrangePudding
Activist
Member # 40765

Icon 1 posted      Profile for StrangePudding     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey alison. Fortunately, the pill is over 99% effective if you're a 'perfect user,' which it sounds like you are. It's not actually generally recommended to take Plan B while on the pill unless you know that you've recently messed up, because it probably won't do anything much besides screw with your hormones a whole lot. Your best bet is to just make sure you keep taking your pill correctly. If you mess up your pills within the next few days, maybe then consider Plan B. If you're still worried, you can test in 10-14 days after the incident and have an accurate pregnancy test result. I've been through this a few times myself, as my fiance and I used pretty much the same methods of BC as you until I got on the ring a few weeks ago. I know it's pretty scary, and you'll probably feel a lot of relief when you finally get your period, but just try not to stress out too much, OK? The stress can actually mess up your cycle and cause your period to come late when you're not pregnant. I hope this helps, and good luck!

[ 07-22-2009, 01:42 PM: Message edited by: StrangePudding ]

Posts: 222 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.