Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » orgasm q

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: orgasm q
Peach7262
Activist
Member # 42892

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Peach7262     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, so I've never had an orgasm before. I masturbate regularly and everything, I've just never reached that point I guess.

Is it possible to not be used to the intensity and sensation of an orgasm, and at first find it too much?

My boyfriend was fingering me yesterday, and it felt good but also extremely intense, more than I'm used to and not necessarily in the most pleasant way. I found myself thinking too much and made him stop. He thought he was hurting me, so he obviously did but I tried to explain that I think I liked it, I just wasn't used to that....

Does that make any sense? Can that happen?

thanks [Smile]

Posts: 61 | From: MA | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, we might be talking about two different things, or even two things at the same time.

For one, absolutely with an area of the body as full of sensory nerves as the clitoris and surrounding areas, some ways of touching can feel like too much. You can be oversensitive in some areas or ways that this way of touching or that, or going at a given way for too long, can just leave you feeling hypersensitive.

As well, sometimes orgasm or getting near orgasm CAN be very intense and can feel like "too much." Now, after orgasm, it's very typical to feel hypersensitive if activity continues without a break or a switch to another kind of stimulation, so it's possible someone feeling that way may have already reached orgasm. But getting near orgasm can also feel that way sometimes.

One of those things could have been happening, or more than one.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Peach7262
Activist
Member # 42892

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Peach7262     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ok, thanks so much!
Posts: 61 | From: MA | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Can you figure out with this, how a lot of that is just about communication? if not, happy to help.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Peach7262
Activist
Member # 42892

I think I was thinking a little too much, but your information just makes me a little more aware of the sensitivity of my body. I think a little bit of the first might have been happening, like maybe he hit a spot where it really did feel like too much, but it also just could have been that I wasn't used to the intensity of the beginnings of an orgasm. I'm not totally sure, but next time I'll know so that I can communicate what I feel that much better [Smile]

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.