Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » phimosis???

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: phimosis???
misskitty_79
Neophyte
Member # 42837

Icon 1 posted      Profile for misskitty_79     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, so my boyfriend & I have been together for nearly 4 years now & we've always used a condom before, but recently, we've been using them less (we live together & haven't been involved with anyone other than each other for a while now, plus I'm on the pill, it's just starting to seem like a waste of money, you know).
Anyhoo, I'd never really noticed it before, but my boyfriend doesn't pull his foreskin down off the head of his penis. I tried to once while giving him head & he stopped me, so I figured it was just a preference thing, but recently, when we're having sex & things are a little, um, enthusiastic? & it does start to get pushed down, he'll make us stop, so he can pull it back up & over his glans.
It makes me think that it's kinda like a really tight turtleneck that doesn't really fit & I'm wondering if something's kinda wrong. I mean, obviously it's annoying to have to stop so he can roll it back up & I guess that's the only time it ever really affects me, but I wonder, you know?
If there is something wrong, should I tell him? He doesn't seem to think there is, but then, it's not like he's had a whole lot of penises to compare himself to/see that he's all that different, you know?

Posts: 2 | From: Toronto | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Phimosis is the inability to retract the foreskin. Is he unable to retract it or does he prefer not to have it retracted?

If he cannot fully retract it, or it is painful for him to do so, then he should probably be seen by a doctor. An adult male (or late adolescent male) should be able to fully retract his foreskin without having any pain.

For some reason though, he may just prefer to not have his foreskin retracted. That's okay.

You'll have to ask him about it though to know what the deal is!

More info on phimosis;
http://www.patient.co.uk/showdoc/40000110/

--------------------
Nursing is a work of heart!
~ unknown

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
misskitty_79
Neophyte
Member # 42837

Icon 1 posted      Profile for misskitty_79     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I guess the whole thing is that I'm really not at all sure how to bring up the subject. I mean, we've been together for FOUR YEARS now. So, if I was going to say that there was something odd about his penis, I probably should have already said it, you know?
Posts: 2 | From: Toronto | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well you could tell him that you were reading about it online, and you wondered if maybe that was why he always wants his foreskin up.

It's okay to acknowledge that it's hard for you to bring this up to him too ... He might feel weird discussing his penis w/ you too! But it's okay ... Maybe he hasn't said anything because he thinks it's not an issue (and maybe it isn't!) or he thinks you'll think he's weird.

It might be an uncomfortable discussion, but it is going to be the only way to know the answers to your questions.

--------------------
Nursing is a work of heart!
~ unknown

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.