Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » 2 months without period, and preg test is still negative

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 2 months without period, and preg test is still negative
dotta
Activist
Member # 20900

Icon 5 posted      Profile for dotta     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
what could be wrong with me?!? 2 full months without it is not normal for me. I was on bc for like 4-5 years, and just got off bc at the end of November... December and January periods were on time.. February's was a week and a half late. the last period i got was February 28th. there is no sensitivity in my breasts, and i have had cramps as well as an acne break out on my face... i have a dr.'s appointment soon, but where the heck is my period?!
Posts: 76 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, if you've had a negative pregnancy test, that pretty much rules out pregnancy. (No harm in testing again to be sure, but home pregnancy tests are pretty accurate.)

Periods can go missing for any number of reasons. Have you lost or gained any weight recently? Changed your eating habits? Started exercising more? Have you been sick or stressed? All of those things can cause a period to be late, or not show up at all. You can have a look at this article for more information: M.I.A or, Dude, Where's My Period?

It would be a good idea to ask your doctor about this at your appointment as well, but it's likely nothing to be concerned about.

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.