Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » questions????

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: questions????
miss_cali_gurl_superstar
Neophyte
Member # 40207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for miss_cali_gurl_superstar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ok well i have a few question that i have been curious bout for a while... the first one is do guys care if a girl has pubes or do they like it shaved...also im a really small for my age...im 18.. and i wear a size 0.. but my boobs are double d's and they grew really fast so they have stretch marks do u think my bf would mind? he keeps wantin 2 have sex.. and i want 2 but thease things are standing in my way...HELP PLEASE!!!

--------------------
***~keep your head up~***
:)

Posts: 8 | From: cali | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StrangePudding
Activist
Member # 40765

Icon 1 posted      Profile for StrangePudding     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If your boyfriend really cares about you, and loves you for YOU, he will understand that pubic hair and stretch marks are part of your body. They are part of what makes you YOU, and he should be able to love all parts of you.

As for whether he prefers you clean or shaved, that is his personal preference. But no matter what he says, if you don't feel like shaving, don't. It's your body and, like I said, he should be able to accept you the way you are.

Too, the stretch marks are probably from puberty, at least two years ago, correct? If this is true, they're likely pretty faded and probably not as noticeable as you might think. We tend to view our own bodies much more critically than others. Your boyfriend might not even notice your stretch marks. He might even have some of his own, if he shot up quickly! (Mine does!)

Here's some links you might find useful. The first is the board's thread on shaving, and the second is a sex readiness checklist.

http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/ultimatebb.php?/ubb/get_topic/f/1/t/003629.html
http://www.scarleteen.com/article/boyfriend/ready_or_not_the_scarleteen_sex_readiness_checklist

Posts: 222 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
miss_cali_gurl_superstar
Neophyte
Member # 40207

Icon 7 posted      Profile for miss_cali_gurl_superstar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thanx alot!!

--------------------
***~keep your head up~***
:)

Posts: 8 | From: cali | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jill2000Plus
Activist
Member # 41657

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jill2000Plus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Like Rosaline Spork said, your partner should accept your body the way it is, comments like "Oh, you have a scar there, I'm sorry if something bad happened" are fine, but "ur pubes r teh wrongz!" is not, nor are comments about stretch marks. If your partner makes derogatory comments about your looks, they aren't worth being with. Have they ever made a comment like that before, or is this worry coming from you (and y'know, widespread societal pressure)? You may find they are completely accepting and love your body and you just as you are (I certainly hope so).

--------------------
Always knock before entering my room when I am in there alone, as I may be doing all sorts of wonderfully thrilling things that I'd rather you didn't see.

Posts: 840 | From: UK | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.