Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » I feel like there's a wall between us (lol)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I feel like there's a wall between us (lol)
Trizzy
Neophyte
Member # 42167

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Trizzy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So this happened about a month ago, but I kept forgetting to post about it here until now. It's not that serious, but something I am still curious about.

One time while my boyfriend & I were having sex, I was in the girl-on-top position, and it felt good. Nothing out of the ordinary. A few days later, we had sex again, in the same position. Only this time, it was a bit uncomfortable. It felt like he was hitting a wall every time I lowered myself down onto him, as if I was shallower or something (for lack of better word). At first I thought it was no big deal, but eventually it started bothering me. It wasn't an unbearable pain, but enough to make sex not-so-pleasurable, if you know what I mean. So we just moved into the missionary position and after doing that, I couldn't feel it as much.

So my question is, what happened there? How can a position that feels good one day be uncomfortable the next?

(Keep in mind, we were protected and we have no STDs, and I also wasn't on my period. We also haven't had sex since then because we're in a long-distance relationship, so I can't follow up on how sex feels now.)

Posts: 1 | From: Georgia | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Because your arousal levels and fertility cycle can be very different from one day to the next, for starters. How aroused you are impacts how low or high your cervix is, as does where you are in your cycle. Arousal also impacts the length of your vagina.

There's more than that, but overall the deal just is that the "same" sex doesn't tend to feel the same every time you have it: there are a lot of variables which can cause differences.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FallenHeart77
Neophyte
Member # 42179

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FallenHeart77         Edit/Delete Post 
I've noticed the same thing Trizzy, so you're not alone! Sometimes "girl-on-top" does feel better than others. And thanks to Heather, I now have a better idea why. [Smile]
Posts: 6 | From: USA | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.