Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Pimple?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Pimple?
Sweetpea101
Neophyte
Member # 41942

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sweetpea101     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi. [Smile]

I know you can't diagnose over the internet, but I just need an idea of what this could be.

Around two weeks ago, I noticed a small, flesh-colored bump on the left side of my labia majora, underneath hair. I touched it and it was a little sensitive, but no itching or pain. I had been sick for about six days before it showed up a couple days following.

During my period (which ended yesterday), it became red and irritated. I'm assuming that's because I use the bathroom much more when I'm on it, and constantly wiping over it certainly won't improve things.

Now that my period's gone, the same amount of irritation is there, but the bump is almost completely flat and it stings to the touch.
Keep in mind, there was never any itching through any of this.

Does this seem anything like a pimple? Or could it be something else? :/

Posts: 4 | From: US | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AB
Activist
Member # 29608

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
it sounds to me like an ingrown hair. do you shave/have you shaved recently?

--------------------
"think outside the box, collapse the box, and take a f***ing sharp knife to it."
- banksy

Posts: 58 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sweetpea101
Neophyte
Member # 41942

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sweetpea101     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I do, but nowhere near the bump's site.
Posts: 4 | From: US | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sweetpea101
Neophyte
Member # 41942

Help?
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It could be a pimple or ingrown hair (you can get those occasionally even if you don't shave the area). Those would probably be the most likely explanations.

If it's still bothering you in a few days, head to your health care provider to have it checked out.

--------------------
Sarah Liz

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sweetpea101
Neophyte
Member # 41942

Thanks very much, and will do. [Smile]

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.