Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » forgot my pack

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: forgot my pack
tmartha2
Neophyte
Member # 32365

Icon 4 posted      Profile for tmartha2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Im at uni, just came back from the xmas holiday, and I left my current pack of the pill at home. I had 3 days left in it before I had my 7 days off.
I assume it will be ok if I just take 3 from the next pack to replace them?

Posts: 30 | From: England | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Lauren-
Activist
Member # 25983

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Lauren-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This means you've taken less than 21 pills in a row, plus possibly been late for your next pack (I can't tell from the info you've given!). This presents a double-whammy risk of pregnancy, so you'll want to simply take an active pill when you get your hands on them and take one pill each day, using a backup method for that entire month, ideally.

You must not ever take 3 pills to make up for missed pills; the maximum you should take in one day is 2 IF the instructions say to. Taking one pill each day per usual, and using backup for all sexual activity, should restore your protection within 7 days, though we recommend waiting a full pack with new users or severe pill interferences like this.

Posts: 4636 | From: USA/Northern Europe | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tmartha2
Neophyte
Member # 32365

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tmartha2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No no I havent missed them yet. Sorry I thought I was clear =S

I've taken all but 3 pills - as normal - out of my pack so far, but while I was packing ready to come back to my uni house today I forgot to pack the nearly completed pack. That one is still back at my other house.
I have got full packs here, so I was wondering if I can replace the 3 I should have taken today, 2moro etc with 3 from a new pack.

Hope that makes more sense now...

Posts: 30 | From: England | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wyntermidnite
Activist
Member # 24641

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wyntermidnite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If it is a brand that has the same dosage in every pill you should be fine. If you have a brand that has varying dosages (usually they have different colors for every week) then you need to take the color pills that you were last on.

There shouldn't be any difference, just keep track of your days. Write it down with a sharpie on the pack or the day of the week sticker in the pack because I've thought I could keep the days straight in my head without a marker and I missed pills. Good luck.

Posts: 70 | From: Fullerton, CA, USA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.