Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Kinda worried. Wart on my thumb and side of my heel.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Kinda worried. Wart on my thumb and side of my heel.
nYko
Neophyte
Member # 41487

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nYko     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Basically, I have a wart on my thumb and on my foot. I don't have any genital warts or anything like that.

But what I'm worried about is... what if I finger my girlfriend or something... and my wart touches her. Could she get one too? And like, if we don't use a condom... even though I have no warts there and only the two on my finger/foot, could she get them...?

I don't really understand this whole thing. I never realized warts were "bad," because I've heard of so many kids having them and people not really worrying.

So yeah... any ideas? Really worried. )=

Btw, I know "Always use a condom," but this is a thing where we're going to eventually have kids. We're engaged. So like... yeah. I'm sure you can see my worries. =/

Posts: 11 | From: Kansas | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JamsessionVT
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 17924

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JamsessionVT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Warts are incredibly common nowadays, and part of that is because they ARE so easy to transmit.

If any wart you have come in contact with your girlfriend's skin, it is possible to transmit them. Warts of any kind are contracted via physical contact; that's often why people tend to see them on other parts of their body; they touch themselves and spread them to other areas.

If you don't have genital warts, you don't need to worry about transmitting them via genital to genital contact. If there is no wart to come in contact with, she isn't going to get them.

However, if your thumb comes in contact with her genitals, she could pick one up from there. So if you give her manual sex, it isn't a bad idea to keep a pair of latex gloves handy, or even to just cover that part of your thumb with a Bandaid, or something similar.

--------------------
Abbie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Love Us? Keep Us Around by Donating!

Posts: 3987 | From: Greater Burlington Area, Vermont | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nYko
Neophyte
Member # 41487

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nYko     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok. Cool. Thanks. (:

Man, warts are annoying!!

I haven't had one my entire life... until I finally decided to go outside and start college. >_> I end up getting one.

Stinks...

At least it's my thumb. And it's on my right hand. I don't use my right hand for anything. [Smile]

Oh, I have one more question. I'm treating it with Dr. Scholl's wart remover (the freezing thing) with the "fast-acting liquid" stuff as well.

Once it finally falls off, or isn't there anymore or whatever... is there anything to worry about? If I touch her somewhere with my thumb in that spot?

[ 12-10-2008, 01:19 PM: Message edited by: nYko ]

Posts: 11 | From: Kansas | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JamsessionVT
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 17924

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JamsessionVT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Probably not. As long as the entire wart is gone, and no roots remain, then you're in the clear. Often what people do is try and cut them off themselves, or only apply the remover until the wart isn't visible, but the root system is still intact. The wart will go dormant and just reappear later. But as long as you follow the directions, and apply the remover until the area is completely clear, you should be OK. Just be sure to watch those areas for a while in case it pops back up.

--------------------
Abbie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Love Us? Keep Us Around by Donating!

Posts: 3987 | From: Greater Burlington Area, Vermont | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nYko
Neophyte
Member # 41487

Ok, thanks a million. (: Not worried at all now.

Thanks a lot.

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.