Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » I can't believe I'm posting this.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I can't believe I'm posting this.
Rina
Activist
Member # 34235

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
But there's a chance I'm pregnant.

I mean it's only about a week late and my cycles have never been completely stable, but usually they're 28-32 days. This one is on day 36. I know I've been uber stressed lately, so maybe that's it. Plus, I'm stressing out about how much my local planned parenthood sucks (hence, I'm still not on birth control and use condoms). It's not like we had any accidents. Though I'm sure if I did my planned parenthood would have been like...come back in a month. -_-

But idk, I'm think I'm going to buy a pregnancy test at work today.

I really don't need any responses (I mean if you want to post, go ahead. lol)...I just really needed to voice my concerns to someone.

Since if I AM pregnant, I'm getting an abortion without the knowledge of my fiance.

EDIT: Did I mention how stressed I am? lol

[ 11-04-2008, 09:09 AM: Message edited by: Rina ]

--------------------
Madwomen seldom think they're crazy.

Posts: 83 | From: in my own little world | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Lauren-
Activist
Member # 25983

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Lauren-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, Rina. We're here for you whatever happens! :)

But don't freak out too badly. Cycles can go "off" for whatever reason, so there's no reason to leap to pregnancy as a cause immediately. Just chill out until you can get a test.

Posts: 4636 | From: USA/Northern Europe | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rina
Activist
Member # 34235

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Lauren. =]

Of course my period started today. So I'm good.

Except it's my worst period in years...I'm soooo sick, that I had to call off work. Gotta love a cramp where I can't move, migraine, and nausea. I feel like I'm 13 again. And my period decided to be heavy like when I was 13 and I don't have pads or tampons for heavy flow, so I'm like changing every two hours.

I love my body.

Now I suppose I should hunt down my planned parenthood...I've been trying to get them to get me on birth control for over a year now. But they're only open Thursdays and you have to call like a month before and schedule an appointment...but since they're only open one day, they get filled up quickly, even if i call the first available time.

Ugh. It just frustrates me that I'm trying to be more protected and that's what I get. I really can't afford to keep buying the non-latex condoms. (yay for latex allergies. lol)

So. Once again I just ranted. =]
This is what I love about Scarleteen...I can delve into all my concerns here.

--------------------

Posts: 83 | From: in my own little world | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ASargent42
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 28733

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ASargent42     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a latex allergy too. Trust me, I know the fun you are talking about.

Can your fiance help out and buy a pack every now and then? I know they can be a little pricier than regular latex condoms, but my boyfriend and I just alternate who buys them. That way we are both being proactive, while not shelling out all the cash all the time.

Especially since I'm sure your fiance would rather you not be pregnant, he can step in and help a little, yeah?

--------------------
Amanda
Scarleteen Volunteer

Help us out- Donate!

Posts: 1152 | From: New Hampshire | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rina
Activist
Member # 34235

Well, we live together so our money's tied together. lol It's coming out of our mutual incomes. And we're broke college students. lol

--------------------

wyntermidnite
Activist
Member # 24641

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wyntermidnite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I feel your college budget pain! If you can get a prescription (get to see a doctor, maybe even your school's health center could do that for you), Walmart sells a bc pill called sprintec, which is generic ortho cyclen.In most states it costs $9 for a 4 week supply, that's about $120 for a whole year of bc.

I happen to live in a state where it costs $13, but it's still way better than even my insurance covers ($25/month). The pharmacy doesn't carry generic bc pills. My doctor didn't even know if they MADE generic bc pills at all, which pissed me off because I knew she was so obviously wrong, I asked her to help me be able to get something cheap and she was oblivious.

Gah, sometimes you really have to search to find these answers and live on a college budget. I just like to remember that for every day of college I attend I am making $2,000 more over my lifetime (so says statistics.)

Posts: 70 | From: Fullerton, CA, USA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.