Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Anal fingering?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Anal fingering?
SoupChef
Neophyte
Member # 35381

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoupChef     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Feel free to lock/delete this if it's inappropriate, but here goes...

I recently discovered the joys of having a finger in the bum during masturbation...or partnered sexual activity, for that matter.

Anyways, what risks are associated with this (i.e. Do I need to wear gloves if I'm doing it solo?), and how do I protect myself?

Thanks a bunch.

Posts: 12 | From: Toronto | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Lauren-
Activist
Member # 25983

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Lauren-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This absolutely would NOT be locked. Anal penetration is as valid a sexual activity as any other, and asking for information is absolutely ok. :)

There aren't really many precautions you have to take; anal play is really hyped to be "dirtier" than it is, but the truth is your anus is about as unsanitary, sometimes even less so, than your mouth! There's no need to wear gloves for sanitary reasons as long as you wash your hands well, but they can provide extra protection against damaging the anal area, which is more fragile.

So, lube is your friend, as is a good manicure on yourself and your bedmate(s). With just a little extra caution, you're free to enjoy. :)

Posts: 4636 | From: USA/Northern Europe | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
truckdaddy
Neophyte
Member # 40576

Icon 1 posted      Profile for truckdaddy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wow!
Posts: 1 | From: atlanta | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Lauren-
Activist
Member # 25983

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Lauren-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Say what, now?

The rules say not to post unless you have something productive to add. What you wrote could make the OP feel judged for her question, could imply you disagree with the advice given, anything, really.

So next time, we ask you please refrain from posting unless you're asking something or giving helpful advice in a clear manner not prone to much implication.Contributing an opinion when invited in a post is okay, but in this instance, an opinion was not asked for, if that's what you were expressing. If not, please clarify. Thanks.

[ 10-09-2008, 12:45 PM: Message edited by: *Lauren* ]

Posts: 4636 | From: USA/Northern Europe | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.