Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » crippling anxiety

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: crippling anxiety
hithere
Activist
Member # 37775

Icon 9 posted      Profile for hithere     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ever since the beginning of last year when I started having manual and oral sex with my boyfriend, with which we are pretty careful, I have had the crippling fear of becoming pregnant. I have a long history of anxiety and I was just wondering if anyone else has had this experience and if anyone else has advice overcoming it :/. I had my period this month already and haven't had any sexual contact since and i'm still worried. It's not normal and i don't know what to do. [Frown]
Posts: 164 | From: Somewhere in the US | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
acgal
Neophyte
Member # 36192

Icon 1 posted      Profile for acgal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you have this crippling fear maybe having a sexual relationship isn't the best thing.

Until you feel comfortable with having this sexual relationship, you're probably going to be feeling this anxiety.

Trust me! It is not fun being stressed!

Posts: 35 | From: NJ | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cool87
Activist
Member # 29292

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cool87         Edit/Delete Post 
If you had a normal period since last time you engaged in sexual activities, then it's safe to assume you are probably not pregnant. Plus, you have to have had a pregnancy risk (meaning semen has got to come into contact with your genitals) in order for you to become pregnant.

You're certainly not alone being scared about pregnancy though, lots of people are the same way. If you take all the precautions necessary though (which means using a birth control (or even two if you want to lower even more your risks), then this lowers a lot your risk of becoming pregnant. Another possibility if you have a very strong fear of becoming pregnant is taking a break for a while from any sexual activity that might pose a pregnancy risk.

--------------------
Sustain Scarleteen by donating
http://www.scarleteen.com/donate.html

Posts: 3598 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.