Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » What to do when i'm ready for more

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What to do when i'm ready for more
Goofy
Neophyte
Member # 39957

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Goofy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've been dating my boyfriend for 4 months now and we haven't done anything past a little making out and light nibbling. I've told him that i'm not ready to have intercourse and neither is he but i do want to try new things because i trust our relationship to try them, but i don't know how to go about doing it. I know most of my option like oral or manual sex but i don't know how to be sure that i don't hurt him. How can i make sure both of us are safistied and cause no damage?

--------------------
Goofy

Posts: 2 | From: Colorado | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Horizon
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 35890

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Horizon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not sure what you mean by "hurting him"/cause no damage." Are you talking about physical issues or emotional ones?

Just to be clear, if you feel like you want to engage in new activities with him, then it's time you had a talk about these things to make sure you both very much want to be participating in these activities. Beyond that, communication about what feels good and what does not is endlessly important when sexual activities are at hand.

This article may be of some help:
Be a Blabbermouth! The Whys, Whats, and Hows of Talking About Sex With a Partner

--------------------
-Kayla
Scarleteen Volunteer

"A wise man should consider that health is the greatest of human blessings, and learn how by his own thought to derive benefit from his illnesses." -Hippocrates

Posts: 755 | From: United States | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blue Koi
Activist
Member # 39785

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue Koi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There are many things that you can do other than intercourse. In fact, you may find that because the vaginal canal is not one of the most sensitive parts of the femal sexual anatomy, other sexual acts may feel more pleasurable! I agree with Horizon-the only sure way to make sure you're not hurting each other is communication, before, during, after, whenever. There should be enough communication that you both feel comfortable about what you are doing.

To give you an idea of some of the other things you can do other than oral or manual sex:

Kissing
Massage
Mutual Masturbation
"Dry Sex" or Frottage
sexual talk, role play and other kinds of stimulation.

Make sure that whatever you do, you should always be safe! Check out the "safety gear" for each activity here:
Safe, Sound & Sexy: A Safer Sex How-To

--------------------
"Love is the answer, but while you are waiting for the answer, sex raises some pretty good questions."

Posts: 171 | From: USA/CHINA | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.