Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » fertility

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: fertility
Bad_kity
Neophyte
Member # 33840

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bad_kity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i have weird periods i always have, but my boyfriend have never pulled out, but i still have never gotten pregnat (i dont want to be) but is there something wrong with me?
Posts: 9 | From: oklahoma | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you've been having unprotected intercourse and have not gotten pregnant, then you've simply been really darn lucky.

Unprotected intercourse poses a high risk for pregnancy and STI transmission. If you do not want to get pregnant, why are you not using adequate protection?

If you want, we can help you figure out how to talk to your partner about using protection, and how to find a method that works for you.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blue Koi
Activist
Member # 39785

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue Koi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There is probably nothing wrong. Without any type of protection, you have about an 85% chance of getting pregnant. The more times you have unprotected sex, the higher your chances. Take a look at better methods of protection here:

Birth Control Bingo

And decrease your chances even more by using two types:
http://www.scarleteen.com/article/pink/the_buddy_system_effectiveness_rates_for_backing_up_your_birth_control_with_a_second_me

--------------------
"Love is the answer, but while you are waiting for the answer, sex raises some pretty good questions."

Posts: 171 | From: USA/CHINA | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.