Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » No Period = No Pregnancy?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: No Period = No Pregnancy?
extinguished
Neophyte
Member # 39134

Icon 1 posted      Profile for extinguished     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I very rarely get my period. I last got it in June, but before that, December. (Friends have suggested I see a doctor about this, which I plan to eventually, but my mom says she that she and her sister grew up the same way.)

My question is, is it possible to get pregnant when your period doesn't come at all like this? My boyfriend and I haven't had sex, but there has been penis-to-vulva contact, once. I'm not on the pill, so I don't want to do that again unprotected -- but I'm wondering about how high the risk of pregnancy was. I don't know how to keep track of a regular cycle, let alone one as unpredictable as mine!

Posts: 9 | From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
YES! You can still get pregnant like this. This is because unless you're charting and your cycles are regular, you don't know when you're ovulating.

I would suggest you see your doctor. Irregularity is normal for the first year or so after your first period, but after that it needs to be adressed.

To keep track of your cycles all you have to do is mark on the calender the first day of your period. You can cirle the date, put an X on the day, or whatever you like. It is also helpful to know how long your periods are. You can circle the date for the length of your period. So if you got your period today you would circle July 9 on the calender. If it lasts for four days, you circle 9, 10, 11, 12 ... And the 12th would be the last day you bled.

I use fertilityfriend.com. It is most often used for women trying to concieve, but it is great to keep track of your cycles. It also averages the length of your cycles. The longer you chart, the better idea you have of what is 'normal' for you.

--------------------
Nursing is a work of heart!
~ unknown

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.